News Article: Lebreton project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Some actually have to work out in the field and are not tied to a computer all day, or, logged on to HF all day to cry and vent.
It is very obvious that when you are dealing with a project worth north of 4 billion, you will have every little hand that needs to be greased and fingers all over the pot or finish line. This is nothing unusual in the high stakes business of development and especially one of this magnitude. This does not worry me one bit. EM holds this paper, and if any one of you had your sticky little fingers on a winning lottery ticket worth billions, you too would exercise every option available and you would NOT leave anything on the table. Trinity (John Ruddy) has a very established reputation in our business community that if you do not watch your back, you will get skinned. So, EM is still doing his due diligence on if he can work and co partner with Trinity. He has other offers on the table as I stated long ago and which was also tweeted this afternoon. I think everyone needs to breath and calm down a little.
Well...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Incredible stuff, the more this spirals the more will see the light, this man needs to be gone from our team and city yesterday!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, I know. Sigh.

Ultimately, we have an NHL arena that does the job.

My concern is not so much that, it is more the finances that will further dismantle the team. Stone is the only jersey I have ever bought. Love Duchene.

Big powerplay. Game of chicken. Not good. Whom is going to blink first here...

....aaaaaaaaaaand Melnyk blinks. RIP Lebreton

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Can you imaging suing someone because they didnt want to pay your bill?

"Can you buy me a car so I can become an uber driver?"
"Will I get any money from it?"
"No"
"Will you pay me back for the car?"
"No, but you will own the car, so you can have it when its done."
"So wait, you want me to buy the car, you use it and make money off it, but when its obsolete you are leaving it with me?"
"Yup."
"Then no."
"Fine, I am going to sue you for all the lost money I could have made!!!!"

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
So what happens? Is Devcore asked if theyre still interested or is it straight to a new bidding process?

I remember at the time both bids won approval. But is it too far gone at this point to switch?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I would rather the Sens move than see Eugene in control.

Lebreton will be built and it will have an NHL franchise.

This is a good market with a POS owner. I'd love to see what deep pocketed owners with extensive experience in entertainment business could do in Lebreton.

How am I not surprised.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
So what happens? Is Devcore asked if theyre still interested or is it straight to a new bidding process?

I remember at the time both bids won approval. But is it too far gone at this point to switch?
That's been rumoured.

Also this:

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

I think Devcore is brought into the fold.

I also think Bettman and the league will now get involved, and the team will be sold to Desmarais and Laliberte. They'll build an arena knowing this. Timeline might still take a while, but there's no coming back from this for Melnyk.

Reactions: FlyingJ and Sensung

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017

This is what really makes January a bit of a false deadline...because they will not jump into another process until it is determined if Melnyk is now open to selling the team. If he is, then more negotiation between DevCore and Melnyk will have to happen before they re-ignite Lebreton. If Melnyk refuses to sell...not sure what or if DevCore is still interested.

One thing I can guarantee you, this may seem like a game to Melnyk where he can just go back to the CTC at the end of it all, but if he pulls out on Ruddy, he is pulling out on a LOT of local business entities that were about to get pieces of the deal. Several of which I know for a fact are suite holders who have had to direct not a small amount of time and resources during this process.

So just to check the scorecard, Melnyk will have burned bridges with:

- Fans
- Local Business Community
- Local Politicians
- Players
- NHL BOG??? (How can he have not at this point)

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This does not surprise me, EM, is trying to sever his partnership and agreement with trinity in order to go ahead with another partner. Otherwise, they are tied together. I never saw this coming though. Geez.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This does not surprise me, EM, is trying to sever his partnership and agreement with trinity in order to go ahead with another partner. Otherwise, they are tied together. I never saw this coming though. Geez.

Who is his other partner?

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Who is his other partner?
I will still only repeat what I know without revealing names. Prominent ottawa family with a handful of ex nhl players. This is starting to make sense, how would the new investors partner with EM and also have trinity to deal with and split the pot of gold. I just never thought it would reach a level such as this to sever the current development partnership.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I will still only repeat what I know without revealing names. Prominent ottawa family with a handful of ex nhl players. This is starting to make sense, how would the new investors partner with EM and also have trinity to deal with and split the pot of gold. I just never thought it would reach a level such as this to sever the current development partnership.

Wait, so this same group that was going to try and outright buy the Sens now want to get in bed with Melnyk to develop just the rink? Doesn't sound like they'll have the billions required to develop lebreton if they were selling assets to try and buy the team. This makes no sense. The big for all of lebreton would be completely different if the partnership changes.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Just stop. You have no credibility.

Whenever you feel like giving us "insider" info, just take a ride in the ferrari instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad