Pre-Game Talk: Leaves vs SENS, Wednesday night (LAST GAME OF THE YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I thinks it’s an olive branch ... but a short one. You’re not coming in here and auto slotting at 1-2C type thing.
Well of course not.

Our top 2 lines have been great, it makes no sense to change them.

That 4th line is really 3B and will get lots of ice time I am sure.

Hope Jimmy can get to 30 points as a nice round number and that Batherson can light the lamp again before season done.

A nice looking PP goal would be nice too.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Well of course not.

Our top 2 lines have been great, it makes no sense to change them.

That 4th line is really 3B and will get lots of ice time I am sure.

Hope Jimmy can get to 30 points as a nice round number and that Batherson can light the lamp again before season done.

A nice looking PP goal would be nice too.

I agree ... I recall a DJ quote earlier in the season that when Brown comes up he would go between Brady and whoever... but that was before Norris was reunited etc.

Evaluating Brown as a 4C doesn’t show much ... but I guess it’s one game.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Logan Brown baby!

Just based off the lineup decisions looks like we are moving on from Dzingel and exposing Tierney to Seattle but it should be an interesting off season

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Had a feeling brown would get a game. He’s been playing well and he’s one of those dudes that the nhl game May come a bit easier.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Logan Brown baby!

Just based off the lineup decisions looks like we are moving on from Dzingel and exposing Tierney to Seattle but it should be an interesting off season

Colin White isn’t playing ... maybe he’s already exposed/traded in a package to Seattle for an eventual Dman.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster update: The #Sens have made the following roster moves: LW Vitaly Abramov and D Cody Goloubef have been re-assigned to
@BellevilleSens
C Logan Brown has been recalled from Belleville and re-assigned to the team's taxi squad.

And will he be moved up tomorrow????

Reactions: Sweatred

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Wait, when did Kelly get called up?

Giving Anisimov one last Arty Party in the NHL?

Also interested in seeing how Kelly does in the NHL. Liked this player for a while now. No quit and hands that are probably good enough for the NHL. I could see him being a solid 4th line player in the NHL.

Only real beef I have is this: if you're going to give Brown a game, at least play him with someone who can finish. Dadonov seems like a good fit there. Switch Brown and Arty.

Reactions: DrEasy

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
White has had a bit of a tough year physically, shoulder in the boards, pucks in the face, guy could use a solid offseason of healing and training to come back with another 10 lbs of strength.

Dzingle is a UFA to be, gets to avoid injury and the game won't change his next contract negotiations even if he scored a hatty. He also doesn't give us any jam for a battle of Ontario match the way guy like Formenton or that jump in their step guys like Kelly/Abramov that are trying to get their cup of coffee will.

Brown better wow the brass with effort. Doesn't even need to score points, just hustle non-stop.

Reactions: DrEasy

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Brown better wow the brass with effort. Doesn't even need to score points, just hustle non-stop.

I agree. I don't know how much one game moves the needle in terms of the Sens evaluation of Brown but it's his overall game that matters, not so much the points. Is the effort there and is he making the right defensive reads? That would go a lot farther than getting 2 secondary assists while playing a soft or lazy game.

Some of the comments from Mann (BSens coach one) make me think the Sens may have time for Brown. Not too sure if Brown wants to stay with Ottawa but I'm leaning to the Sens wanting to keep him. He just has to show enough all around game to stay in the NHL. Brown has the skill but slow, one-way softies are not really a thing anymore. He has to show a decent enough defensive game to go with the skill.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’d love to see a legit open tryout next year with this team. Let Norris, Brown, Pinto, White, Tierney, Grieg , and maybe a FA/trade slug it out at training camp and take the best players. Move or bury the rest.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have made sure I have nothing on my schedule for this.

This game feels unlike many of our last "last game of the season" where I just don't care because the team sucks.

I'm am legit bummed we are going to have to wait until October to see the boys again.

Its May! When have we played in May before? :)

We have the draft, summer rookie camps, etc. It will be a much shorter off-season than usual. Look on the bright dies, drink some beer, suck up the sun, have a toke! :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I agree. I don't know how much one game moves the needle in terms of the Sens evaluation of Brown but it's his overall game that matters, not so much the points. Is the effort there and is he making the right defensive reads? That would go a lot farther than getting 2 secondary assists while playing a soft or lazy game.

Some of the comments from Mann (BSens coach one) make me think the Sens may have time for Brown. Not too sure if Brown wants to stay with Ottawa but I'm leaning to the Sens wanting to keep him. He just has to show enough all around game to stay in the NHL. Brown has the skill but slow, one-way softies are not really a thing anymore. He has to show a decent enough defensive game to go with the skill.

Even if he uses his big body to smash someone down!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I’d love to see a legit open tryout next year with this team. Let Norris, Brown, Pinto, White, Tierney, Grieg , and maybe a FA/trade slug it out at training camp and take the best players. Move or bury the rest.

No more retreads!

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
That Capitals series is like never talked about ever lol. That and the Islanders series gotta be 2 of the most forgotten series in Sens history.

I mainly remember that Isles series cuz I was at the game the Sens eliminated em.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dzingle trade worked out great: he brought some great energy early and his goals definitely helped as a fan. His smile and cockiness when he scored, felt good.

I like Dzingel and would be open to a short term contract to fill in on the 4th line.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Congratulaions to Parker Kelly playing his first NHL game...he totally deserves it.

Congratulations to Egor Sokolov for playing in his first N-, wait, Logan Brown?

Totally doesn't deserve it , but understand why he is being called up. But this stinks

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
We can't pick worse than 10th I think. Even if we win against Toronto, we'll be 6 points ahead of Canucks and 2 points ahead of the Flames, and those two teams play each other 4 times. Every combination of the results will end with one of them overtaking us (the Flames hold the RW tie breaker against us). We will end the season at 9th at worst, and then Seattle will push us down one spot.
I was trying to figure that out yesterday. San Jose (1 game) and LA Kings (2 games) have games to be played. You may have already included those points in your calculation I suppose ......? If so, thanks for sharing the info.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Situation for brown might be good. Team around his age that is go go go. Either he will join in on the fun. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad