GDT: leaves @ COLORADO AVALANCHE - 2/24/24 - 5PM MT

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
f*** sakes man. I have no idea what Mikko was thinking there. He had all the time and space in the world. Zero need to do that. That pp goal was complete trash by 4giev to. Makar needs to get his head out of his ass too.

If im mackinnon i go on f***ing strike until cmac gets off his ass and does something. This is absolutely unacceptable. They. Neeed. Help.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It's hilarious that on the PK BOTH Avs defensemen wanted to chase Nylander behind the net AND Georgiev bit so incredibly hard on Nylander skating.

Unreal job, boys.
Thats a goalie who cant track the puck at all. Try that at beer league and the goalie wont bite as hard. Im saying thats a goal you could pull off when Foppa was in his prime and he used to do it alot.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I only saw the third period and the Avs were playing really well. I've felt way worse about some of the recent road losses compared to this one.

Makar is the one who needs to get his **** together and no, he's not fatigued. He's just playing poorly.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mikko and Manson's careless mistakes are the reason for this loss. Pure and simple.

Mikko with no one around throwing the puck in the stands, and Manson for some reason leaving his man in front of the net to go behind the net on the PK. I don't know which one is worse.

I want to believe in this team, but they just can't get their act together this year. They can't stop making simple preventable mistakes at key times.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Biggest sequence of the game and this stupid ass motherf***er is standing straight up looking the other way, no idea where the puck is.

Shit can happen but when you don’t know where the puck is you react and go to a butterfly getting both legs to the posts. It’s supposed to be second nature to an NHL goaltender.

I’m so f***ing mad right now.

Yup, Leafs player all alone in front of the net while both our dman are behind the goal line. Definitely only Georgie's fault.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He's so f***ing bad man.

This might be the game that has me flipped on the season. We can't win with George in net and we can't win with the forwards that we have.

Don't even bother wasting assets on buying at the deadline. This group isn't it and the deadline isn't the time to make the massive changes we need to actually have a chance at winning.
Said it earlier in this thread. Dont do anything unless you plan on getting a goalie. No sense throwing away pieces if you have a backup as your starter.

Reactions: drhiii

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yup, Leafs player all alone in front of the net while both our dman are behind the goal line. Definitely only Georgie's fault.

Who the f*** said it was only George’s fault?

I’m a goalie and will always focus on what the goalie could’ve done.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Another game, another night with no secondary scoring. 3 goals, 3 MacK points. It's becoming a joke at this point.

Got to throw an assist to the refs tonight, not one real call on the Leafs all night. The only PP we got was a have to call puck over the glass. It's a joke how many no calls went Toronto's way.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Does regular season even matter anymore? As long as they get in the playoffs I'm not losing sleep over regular season losses.

Team needs help and until then we'll have to work hard for every win, rely on only 3 guys and lose our fair share of games.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Kind of ridiculous that the Avs dominated the Leafs and Toronto didn't get called for one single penalty(puck over glass is automatic). They missed a lot of calls. Very encouraging game for the Avs, loved what I saw tonight.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
What about the 3rd goal? You know we lost by 1 goal right? I love how the standard for Fourgiev is so low we're happy with 1 softy a game. A goalie is supposed to bail his team out, we're lucky if he doesn't lose the game for the team right now.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This is what happens to average hockey teams.

Bad goaltender, horrid PK, zero depth, this is the expectation for me nowadays.

Until this team gets a real 2nd line center, gets Johansen off this team, and gets a goalie that can challenge Georgiev, this team is going nowhere.
f*** challenging him just get a starter. Georgiev has shown hes nothing more than a back up. Hes Glen Healy. Solid back up but not a starter. Pretty much a worse version of Grubauer.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
They played so well in the first then somehow completely forgot to play defense. Rantanen is playing braindead all game yet again outside of that one chance, the 3rd line is completely ineffective with RyJo on it, and Georgiev once again can't stop a puck.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I only saw the third period and the Avs were playing really well. I've felt way worse about some of the recent road losses compared to this one.

Makar is the one who needs to get his **** together and no, he's not fatigued. He's just playing poorly.
It wasn’t a bad game really, just very frustrating. Their pk needs an overhaul in the worst way though.

I agree on Makar, and I still believe he’s the best D in the game but his play this year isn’t quite what I was expecting defensively.

Reactions: Avs_19

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Don’t the Avs always play like shit around the trade deadline? Players probably destructed, thinking about who’s leaving, who’s staying, who’s coming and things

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I get it, it’s not all in Georgiev. But at some point, when there are more games that you’re giving up 3+ goals against than ones where you don’t, that’s a really bad sign for the team your tending for
I have a feeling it has really sapped some of their mental fortitude. Just like it helps teams when goalies steal games

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I have a feeling it has really sapped some of their mental fortitude. Just like it helps teams when goalies steal games

Exactly this.

When your second highest paid player casually flips a puck over the glass and you know the moment the other team gets a shot on goal on the PP and it’s in… you’re f***ing demoralized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad