Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-1

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Better lately offensively, no doubt ,
If you follow , it’s not the offence that’s the challenge brotha .
All about horrible corner work , timid play , mentally weak , not a playoff player at all .
Nothing personal , I like 47 4th / 5th liner but I would never go to war ( playoffs ) with him at all .

The past has proven this
GLG
Agreed he's timid and that's his flaw Imo.
The other areas of his game are fine, to 6? No. Bottom 6 fine. 4th line, he would be a beast.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

You wouldn't think this to be the case with the way some people post around here.

I think the problem is we're trying to catch Boston and those two L's belong to Montreal and Ottawa, two team that's aren't making the playoffs with one in the Bedard sweepstakes. No excuse, you have to win those games if you want top spot in the division.

Anyway nice win today on to Boston.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Nice win.

Happy for Samsonov to beat his old team and Tavares.

Only criticism is that Matthews was invisible….. :sarcasm:
98704578-3E20-4FD3-98AA-A10E24AEFD14.jpeg

oooooh yeah Brother !!!!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice bounce back win .. it was much needed to help quiet any critics about team depth and Matthews' being out.

Happy that Samsonov was solid again after Saturday's game too.

Engvall does that thing where he flashes his potential again :laugh: but he's on pace for 16 goals and 33 points with secondary PP time. His size/speed is unique.. He leaves you wanting more though. 4th NHL season, it would be nice to see him finish strong.

Holmberg with a gift saucer pass to ZAR .. little bit of offense on display.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Came out of the gate and established that they were not going to be outworked. Once they got on top and continued to press, the Caps withered.

Samsonov is looking more and more like the real deal.

I think this is the optimal D based on current options, as much as I like Timmins.

Engvall had his game of the season. In fact, all the forwards played pretty damn well.

A win on Wednesday and we are only 9 back with 30 to go!!

GLG

Reactions: Wendelstache

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Like I said before I get pissed when they don’t play up to their potential On weaker team. Then they play a good teams and they shine. They can play great hockey and I love it they are a good team when they buckle down and play. Great job on this game looks good on you

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Happy people usually just chill

Angry people lash out

Wins = Happy
Loses = Anger

I think :huh:
Yup, it's why I never get why people complain about PGT's being filled after a huge loss. It's natural for people to vent and complain when angry. Go look across other boards and you'll find a similar phenomenon

As for me, I'll be in here regardless lol

Nice bounce back win .. it was much needed to help quiet any critics about team depth and Matthews' being out.

Happy that Samsonov was solid again after Saturday's game too.

Engvall does that thing where he flashes his potential again :laugh: but he's on pace for 16 goals and 33 points with secondary PP time. His size/speed is unique.. He leaves you wanting more though. 4th NHL season, it would be nice to see him finish strong.

Holmberg with a gift saucer pass to ZAR .. little bit of offense on display.
I've been saying this for some time, but if Engvall played to his potential he'd be one of the best bottom 6 pieces in the NHL

Size + speed + shot + good defensively. The tools are all there for him to be dominant and a matchup nightmare for the opposition

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Anyone watch the Marlies and tell tell me if McMann, Holmberg and Anderson play the PK for them at all? Bc I really think these three can be a good line for the Leafs.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
This team drives me crazy.

We could have gained 3 points on the Broons. Instead we gained only one.
It's a pipe dream to think we can catch a team on pace for the best record in NHL history. BOS would have to lose a ton of games for us to even be in the conversation for 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00