Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Are you really taking a few games early this season to justify their stay? Look at the past 5 seasons and tell me again both those guys are players you want on this team with those cap hits.

Just watch….Gallagher will take another puck in practice and be out again with a injury

Anderson skates along the boards and never crosses his own blue line.

Both IMHO are bums and are living off some kind of Don Cherry brainwash and fans are convinced those are two valuable type players.

Oh wait…they are some kind of leaders in the locker room 🤣
I didn’t say I wanted them on the Leafs, far from it, I was merely pointing out your slagging of a heart and soul player in Gallagher who’s work ethic and drive far exceeds plenty of current Leaf players, to deny thus fact is hilarious and to ne, so is your opinion on this matter……..

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I didn’t say I wanted them on the Leafs, far from it, I was merely pointing out your slagging of a heart and soul player in Gallagher who’s work ethic and drive far exceeds plenty of current Leaf players, to deny thus fact is hilarious and to ne, so is your opinion on this matter……..
haha
Typical response.
Gallagher is like concrete labourers I worked with. People look afar and say wow that guy is a worker…look how he talks and is all dirty. But in reality they spend more time having a smoke and talking like he did all the work to finish the concrete.

Gallagher work ethic from the tub is laughable. He cries and whines in interviews and fans say what a great leader.

It’s all hogwash…A facade. Look at both those players numbers. Look how they have lead the habs to the playoffs…..oh wait…it’s not their fault.

Both Anderson and Gallagher cap hit together is 12 mil

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
haha
Typical response.
Gallagher is like concrete labourers I worked with. People look afar and say wow that guy is a worker…look how he talks and is all dirty. But in reality they spend more time having a smoke and talking like he did all the work to finish the concrete.

Gallagher work ethic from the tub is laughable. He cries and whines in interviews and fans say what a great leader.

It’s all hogwash…A facade. Look at both those players numbers. Look how they have lead the habs to the playoffs…..oh wait…it’s not their fault.

Both Anderson and Gallagher cap hit together is 12 mil
I’ll leave to your delusions, have a great Thanksgiving………

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I’ll leave to your delusions, have a great Thanksgiving………

Happy Thanksgiving !!

Don Cherry coming over 🤣
You both can talk about Gallagher and Anderson and how much grit they have but produce very little on the ice 🤣

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
What the hell do we do with Reeves now? Its going full drama and he has clearly quit on us.
Can we send him to the minors? He can teach the players there how to be in a proper stance when fighting and how to bear hug. And then convince them dont worry you wont get hurt as we have all this armour on and you can wear a face shield when fighting. :)

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Out of everyone, I think Marner will have the hardest time, and it comes from my belief that Marner just isn’t very smart.

Supremely talented skill wise, but I don’t consider him an intelligent player, and his skills cover for a lot of it, but it’s still evident to me.

He still makes the dumb plays that he should have left behind in Junior more than 7 years ago.

He knows what he knows, and he’s damn good at a lot of it, but I think he’s limited with how much he can change and adapt his game, and to me it comes back to IQ not being a strength for him.

People are going to hate that take and they are welcome to, but I’ve seen enough of it over the years.

He is an elite skill talent but he’s limited by not having the requisite on ice IQ to really be all that he could be.
Supremely skilled but is in the bottom 50% in speed and bottom 50% in shot speed according to NHL.coms tracked stats?

Reactions: rumman

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I wonder what the % would be if you're looking at only the top six forwards?
Kucherov vs Marner. Kucherov blows Marner out of water in skating speed and shot speed. Kucherov is amongst the leagues best in these categories. Marner is quite literally in the bottom 50% of every single category of skating speed and shot speed.

Marner is not just the wost top speed...but also worst in the other slower speeds that are tracked.

He not only among the leagues worst for the fastest shot speed, but hes also amongst the worst for the lowest tracked shot speed.

Which why its perplexing to hear some continually say hes supremely skilled. He is among the worst in two of the most important hockey skills. Skating and shooting. In the playoffs, he can barely do anything because opponents quickly close gaps on him.

Sep 18, 2009
Kucherov vs Marner. Kucherov blows Marner out of water in skating speed and shot speed. Marner is quite literally in the bottom 50% of all categories.

Marner is not just the wost top speed...but also worst in the other slower speeds that are tracked.

He not only among the leagues worst for the fastest shot speed, but hes also amongst the worst for the lowest tracked shot speed.

Which why its perplexing to hear some continually say hes supremely skilled. He is among the worst in two of the most important hockey skills. Skating and shooting. In the playoffs, he can barely do anything because opponents quickly close gaps on him.
Marner is like cole caufiled in comparison to kucherov

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Marner is like cole caufiled in comparison to kucherov
Put any middle tier hard working player with 27 year old Tavares or 25-27 year old Matthews (roster with two 1st line centers) and they likely would track the same points as Marner. Many average players had the same 5v5 points as Marner last year (Ehlers, B.Nelson) etc, I believe former leaf T.Moore.

Marner wasnt productive relative to his contract, and he scored .95 g/60 while his expected goals were only .66 g/60. So... his stats probably looked better than they shouldve been.

Marner has a 2.68 p/60. Meanwhile the best player, who are also big centers and very productive in the playoffs...Mcdavid and Mackinnon were 3.5 points/60 and 3.42 p/60.

Also... Marner is playing primarily with Matthews. Matthews has been voted as the top 3 best players in the world according to his peers the last three years. He won two seasons ago and was voted in over Mcdavid this past year. Matthews was more productive on lines without Marner last year. While Marner, of coursr, was most productive with Matthews.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Negativity is a hell of a weight to carry. This team could lose 100 years in a row. Who cares. It's a game. When a hobby causes you distress, it pretty much defeats the purpose.
Being critical of players on a sports team isn’t a weight to carry. It’s part of the fun of being a fan. In the end, most of us get on with life when the season ends, regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: Antropovsky

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
True, Marner isn’t fast.
But he has great edges and outstanding anticipation.
Also excellent defensively and on the pk.
That’s what makes him a top level player.
It isn’t all about speed and shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad