Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm happy they won, thanks Freddy, and it's nice to see Matthews and Tavares score, but I'm thinking I was watching a different game than many here. For most of the game I was thinking to myself; damn, if Moore, Mykhayev, Holl and Dermott are your most engaged players, guys that are skating and physically engaging the Knights, then we're in trouble. I've been one of Nylander's staunchest supporters, but damn, if I'm Babcock after tonight's game, I'd pull Willy aside and straight up tell him, if you don't hit someone the next game you're benched for two. This weak-a** stuff has got to stop. He's got great talent, but really, his efforts to engage are soooooo frustrating.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not a great game, but nice ending.

I'm sure beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

giphy.gif

21774c49405bbaf6b2255da1a74bdfa7.gif

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Captain and 3 asistants got points and Anderson stood on his head. Leadership turning around

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
That is a difficult answer to listen to from Babs ; re the 'ad lib' by Matthews on the PP goal.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
The smartest play of the night goes to Nylander for not passing it to Barrie in the OT because we all know Barrie would have crapped on the chance with the odd man rush going the other way

#IntelligentPlay
And promised land would be here to let us know how much of a pos Barrie is when he did nothing wrong.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I mean he showed up for like a total of 10 seconds. I literally didn’t see him do anything the entire 60.
When it is a low scoring game, like it was tonight, the entire team feels like they contributed.

Everyone fought hard to not be scored on. One goal allowed, then everyone did do their jobs defensively.

Then finally, the game breakers for the Leafs, won it for the Leafs.

Same way they won their last three games.

Tavares showed up defensively, then he won the game.

Go Leafs Go!

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Matthews scoring that goal 90 seconds into the PP underscores how absolutely insane it is to have a weapon like that and consistently pull him off after 50-60 seconds only. Ovechkin plays most of the 2 minutes, and so do other players who are that dangerous. They can just have Matthews not be the one to carry the puck in or aggressively forecheck if they're worried about him getting gassed. All you need is for him to be there to be a shooting threat.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Leafs now on a 101 point pace. Can’t wait until we pull it together.

We're hard on them because we understandably expect more. It's amazing that the record is as good as it is considering that they've looked off all season. However they've been in most every game down to the wire while not having an easy win all season.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Ericmacdonald15

Nov 7, 2019
Great goal by Matthews bar down!!!! Nice ot goal by Jonny t !!!! Nice fish from marner !!!!! Power play still needs work but the best player on the ice tonight was mr Freddy Andersen! He was a rock back there hats off to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad