The Canucks have three goalies in the top nine in save percentage.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This reminds me of the series with the Flames in 04. I think they went through Clouts, Skudra(?) and Auld in the series. Was it one more?

Anyway, Nashville has been putting on a clinic in how to generate high save percentages for the opposition from my viewings (and I should know as the Flames are all-time greats in this most years). Lots of volume without getting to the dangerous areas very often. The Game 3 box score looked like a dominant performance from Desmith but I didn't really see him asked to do much.

Meanwhile Colorado has unlocked the formula to get inside on the Jets with regularity and Hellebuyck is getting wrecked as a result.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
This.

Being an NHL goalie, let alone winning a playoff game, is nor easy. So give them credit.

But Nashville is built to defend and play goalie. Never an attacking team with great forwards.
Nonesense, if the preds are that bad, they would not have 99 points. People really underrating preds just to not give credit to Canucks having goalie depth. Would Campbell be able to beat the preds? He lost many games in the AHL and had a woeful start. DeSmith is decent NHL backup and Silovs has played in high pressure games for Latvia. So i dont think Canucks would win against Nashville with below average or terrible goaltending.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Another random tidbit is that when canucks did it the first time, arturs irbe was one of ghe goalies.

So that means each time canucks have done, one of their goalies has been named Arturs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad