Post-Game Talk: Leafs vs Rangers- Oct 30th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Ranger's don't look any better than the Leafs. They have to have the Refs favor them all game long to win against a basement dwelling team.

They look way better but they are playing lazy so it makes it look closer.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
How deep is this draft aside from Mathews. Like if we get 2nd or 3rd overall are we still in good shape?

chychuran is supposed to be(ranging for his top potential) a player like s.jones, a.ekblad, or d. doughty. Puljivariji is a kovalchuk lite version and from seeing his highlights(yes not the best way to scout a player) from wjc where he had 0 pts as a 17 year old, i can see he has the potential to be as good as kovy, despite no points he was simply amazing, so many chances, 4-5 posts, really strong and fast. He would be a great pick. Tkcachuk is great as well along with laine. I have those 5 as the top 5 who look like surefire top line players. The draft is deep though, with guys like sam steele and tyler benson being their potentially at 10-15 range

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
How deep is this draft aside from Mathews. Like if we get 2nd or 3rd overall are we still in good shape?

If you could draft someone potentiall better than Ekblad at #2 how does that sound?

Chychrun might be better than Ekblad, projected to go 2nd overall.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
chychuran is supposed to be(ranging for his top potential) a player like s.jones, a.ekblad, or d. doughty. Puljivariji is a kovalchuk lite version and from seeing his highlights(yes not the best way to scout a player) from wjc where he had 0 pts as a 17 year old, i can see he has the potential to be as good as kovy, despite no points he was simply amazing, so many chances, 4-5 posts, really strong and fast. He would be a great pick. Tkcachuk is great as well along with laine. I have those 5 as the top 5 who look like surefire top line players. The draft is deep though, with guys like sam steele and tyler benson being their potentially at 10-15 range

Sounds familiar....

Jeepman89*

Oct 10, 2015
Wrong? Because my opinion is different than yours? *groan*. Ferraros voice makes me shut games off.

His voice? LOL Listen to what he says not the beautiful sound of his voice. Now if you want a terrible commentator then it's that tool Elliotte Friedman....oy vey.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Umm.. that means that if we finish 3rd last we get a good shot at him - and at worst we get a top 3. How is tanking a bad thing now? Its not. Its just not as good as it was. And don't think others aren't still going to do it. Moron.

drafting last going into the lotto means we cant finish worse than 4th if we have leafy luck. I doubt a team drops three spots to four, more like second or third so we still get what looks like franchise players in chy and puli. So i dont know why that guy is mad. He cant expect us to be winning with players that wont be hear next year rite. Only a few will and the rest are garbage rejects from other teams like pap, boyes, arco, mattias etc

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
yeah finishing last doesn't guarantee a top 2 pick anymore. So I guess we should try to finish 10th last then, does that have a good chance at getting a good player?

They changed it so less is guaranteed for finishing last. Finishing last still gives you the best chance at all the low picks though, at still guarantees you top 4.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Lamouriello still that teacher and father of this all.

Babcock is making us better that's right. Look at us.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
His voice? LOL Listen to what he says not the beautiful sound of his voice. Now if you want a terrible commentator then it's that tool Elliotte Friedman....oy vey.

Agree on Friedman. Not just his voice. Just can't stand him all around. Even though some of the things are hard to disagree with.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
drafting last going into the lotto means we cant finish worse than 4th if we have leafy luck. I doubt a team drops three spots to four, more like second or third so we still get what looks like franchise players in chy and puli. So i dont know why that guy is mad. He cant expect us to be winning with players that wont be hear next year rite. Only a few will and the rest are garbage rejects from other teams like pap, boyes, arco, mattias etc

I haven't done the math myself but apparently the team that finishes last has a roughly 50% chance to get a top 3 pick. So it's very possibly.

Please nobody reply to this and say we have a 20% chance at each pick so 20+20+20 = 60% chance, that's not how it works

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
If that was Reimer he would have been flopping on his stomach. Bernier at least has the ability to catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad