Marner, JT and Willy out free up all the moneyz
The time to do that was 2023 draft

Best time to begin a 3-year quick rebuild

Matthews @50% gone for a massive package

Marner @50% retained for massive package

Rielly dealt for a decent deal after a good playoffs

Nylander @50% as a 1 year rental for a great deal

Ride out JT for 2 years, tank and rebuild the team from the backend out

Noe we are committed to 34 and 88 for next 4 years min and 44 is stuck for now as he has tok much term and needs to play better if we do deal.him

We can only do a mini retool this summer. Major retool/core rebuild chance was blown when we hired Treliving tk try and extend core and win rather than blow it up

For better or worse we are with this core or 60%. of it for next 4 years. Hopefully they can figure shit out and win 1 cup like the CAPs didn

Mr_Fun

FFS!
Oct 7, 2006
BC
They pretty much need to have a good PP here. Any flubbery could kill a lot of much needed momentum.

/I remember actually feeling good about upcoming PP's.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The Core is 27/28 years old, all in their "prime". What we see is as good as it's going to get.

And no, our three 11+ million dollar players does not equal having three Nathan MacKinnon's to roll out. How the hell do these guys make same or more than MacKinnon?

Is there another pro franchise in all of sports that would stay this loser course for eight years?

It's all on Shanahan.

Haha the Dallas Cowboys just reupped Dak Prescott to a hella rich contract despite the lack of playoff success. Their reasoning was Daks numbers are better than Patrick Mahomes, they would not be able to find a suitable QB replacement who comes close in the draft or UFA

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We need a center. I think a trade is coming. We need to acquire another center who can help provide scoring. Liljegren to Calgary for a retained Kadri could make sense.
They still need forwards and D. And for goodness sakes more speed and skill. Their skilled players are slow and soft.

Reactions: francis246

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We're pretty shallow upfront right now with Jarn and Dewar out. I'm wondering how much of a factors that's been in keeping the lines as is

Coming into this game, John Beecher is tied with Auston Matthews in points. I think the underachieving at the top is more of a factor in the forward group looking bad than missing Jarnkrok and Dewar.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
We're pretty shallow upfront right now with Jarn and Dewar out. I'm wondering how much of a factors that's been in keeping the lines as is
Even with them, it's shallow.

The D, though...

Rielly looks lost
McCabe looks slow
Tanev is pretty much the backup goalie.

The 3 man RD carousel is what it is

OEL is carrying the group, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad