GDT: Leafs vs Bruins - 7PM HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If they don't hit their November hot streak this season could be a life and death to make the playoffs.
It was always going to be a dogfight to get a spot, but I don’t know if they have it this season. There are too many mediocre players.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
They’ll make the playoffs we’ve started like this every year. They suck in october.

I kind of want them to be a wildcard team kinda. Maybe we get the cross over to the metro.
It would be refreshing to see them play NYR or Carolina. But still won't stand a chance against them in the first round.

Reactions: francis246

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They’ll make the playoffs we’ve started like this every year. They suck in october.

I kind of want them to be a wildcard team kinda. Maybe we get the cross over to the metro.
This seems different
It's more like all their superstars are having down seasons to start.

Matthews was scoring fluky goals last year but can’t put anything in.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
IMG_2577.jpeg

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nice this is a lot of the "bad" is pretty easily fixable. The bad turnovers at the Blueline, inability to clear on the wings, hurrying back to support your D. It's basics that are easy to fix.

Getting more of the good moments is what concerns me right now.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
This team is just getting worse and worse without even achieving anything noteworthy… Very unfortunate given the talent some of these players have.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
So Nylander's careless/reckless play has led to 3 crucial GA in the last 2 games and Berube's response after the latest one is to reward him by sending him out with M&M at the end of the period?

My friends, Berube has learned very quickly that the inmates still run this asylum.
I just wonder if he knew that coming in or not?
The Core is 27/28 years old, all in their "prime". What we see is as good as it's going to get.

And no, our three 11+ million dollar players does not equal having three Nathan MacKinnon's to roll out. How the hell do these guys make same or more than MacKinnon?

Is there another pro franchise in all of sports that would stay this loser course for eight years?

It's all on Shanahan.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This seems different

Matthews was scoring fluky goals last year but can’t put anything in.

We need a center. I think a trade is coming. We need to acquire another center who can help provide scoring. Liljegren to Calgary for a retained Kadri could make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad