GDT: Leafs vs Bruins - 7PM HNIC

IronHookem

Nov 8, 2023
In all seriousness it may have been better to have not qualified him and just spent that 3 mil on a vet in free agency.

The only positive way out is if another team gets devastated by injuries in their backend can flip Tre a pick for him
We dont need more vets, we are already one of the oldest teams in the league, and old teams very rarely win cups.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Getting the 2 coaches fired is so over played. Babcock lasted what 3/4 years? Keefe 4/5? That’s pretty long shelf lives tbh. Coaches get fired with ease everywhere. That core in Vancouver has gotten like 3 coaches fired. Boston has gotten a few coaches fired and if they lose tonight Montgomery is gone. 2 coaches in 3 years.
Losing in Boston is simply unacceptable, Toronto……not so much………

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
If they beat the 'dreaded Bruins' tonight, Matthews, Nyandler, Marner and Tavares have points, and they win by controlling the game (All things possibilities), then all will be right with most people on this forum, at least for a few days.
That’s right and what I think will happen tonight. And it won’t solve any of the issues.

Nothing will change with this group as long as Auston and Mitch call the shots which is focused on their point totals. Berube gets so much hype and credit for changing the culture yet he hasn’t dared touch Matthews and Marner or risked upsetting them. The only way to have team success in the playoffs is to show the entire team that it isn’t about 2 or 3 players and their stats, but Berube seems unwilling by to go there

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I agree, it is weird that they didn’t just let him go unqualified. But I understand in trying to keep the asset and maybe even giving him a chance to prove his worth in camp.

Though I have to admit, I wanted Liljegren traded. I’m not a fan. I think he’s soft and is just terrible in front of our net and against a strong forecheck.
You’ll enjoy Myers tonight, he and Benny will be solid as a rock imo……….

Reactions: francis246

horner

May 22, 2007
The Bruins looked very beatable against Dallas in the game I watched last night.

Of course a Bruins fan watching the Leafs last two games can say the exact same thing. After serving up those two stinkers the Leafs need to make like the Hulk and smash these washed up old men. A beating like what the US gave to Iraq is what I'm talking about.

If they lose this game heads had better start rolling.

Preferably the ones at the top. Starting with Shanahan. He had the chance to fix this mess and did not.

A loss tonight will make them a sub .500 team again.

Fans are booing and throwing jersey's on the ice. The fruition from years of pent up frustration watching while the greatest opportunity to win a cup in a lifetime is pissed away. The result of incompetent management, greedy players, and negligent ownership.

A big win tonight won't fix all that but, like a shot of strong whisky, it should help temporarily relieve the pain.
Boston is always up for the Leafs.

Reactions: torontoblood

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Reactions: LDN

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
They will. We are end of October now. This is when the team starts getting hot and gives us all hope again
By these standards we would be out in the 1st or 2nd round of playoffs too. This core is disgusting at best. 0 effort. OEL, Stolarz putting on clinic night after night only to be let down by the clowns who can’t score to save their families lives. Just disgusting!

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
By these standards we would be out in the 1st or 2nd round of playoffs too. This core is disgusting at best. 0 effort. OEL, Stolarz putting on clinic night after night only to be let down by the clowns who can’t score to save their families lives. Just disgusting!

I think this team has always been good enough to win, which is why every series has been competitive and gone the full length. The difference this year is 82 games of a new system with some new asks.

We aren't looking at 10% improvement here. We are looking at 1 or 2%, marginal improvements that give us enough to win those close series. The rest is up to luck

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Hoping for a big bounceback effort here. Key word, EFFORT, show up and play like you give a damn and the rest will take care of itself.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Has this one circled on the calendar with Berube coming in, the team has been vastly different than I imagined. All nervous energy for Boston again this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad