Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I wonder if we hold off on any extension talks with

Tavares
Marner
McCabe

Till around game 40 of the year. May want to see how are we playing as a team then. If the team is struggling and incapable of showing they can take a round without lots of variables going right, hope we consider retoolong heavy in the summer and let all three of those guys walk unless they take a crazy discounted type deal

Reactions: PromisedLand

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Why do they have to promise him anything? Why do they bend over so hard for these players? If he don't like it, he can f*** off.

We don’t know this to be true… so I wouldn’t lose my shit.

Removing him as captain Could also be a sign the Leafs are beginning the process of moving on from Tavares.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Yet Boston had 4 high danger shots while dominating possession. That is straight booty cheeks. Boston is not a good team. Hence why Montogmery’s job is on the line tonight.

But agree Toronto gotta wake up
Toronto blocked a ton of shots

Boston got into the slot and made good passes but we blocked 2-3 high end looks

We are doing that well still which helped us. Boston didnt seem to lack effort and the skill was enough where we had to play mostly in our d-zone at EVS and had Stolarz play very well.

They won't be the skilled threat that a tampa, buffalo, flordia, ottawa would be in a game where we play as passive and poorly as this one so far but they likely win the game if we cant step it up and start generating consistent looks while stopping giving them so maby slot looks which we cant possibly keep blocking so freuqently

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't think they needed to change Rielly-Tanev and OEL-McCabe, that was fine, they just didn't get goals from the top group.

I am requesting again to swap Marner and 88.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This feels like Toastmasters word of the night. Confidence.

You had to use the word every chacne you got throughout the night.,,

Confidence

like life everything is really "earned".

in sports: you earn you wins; you earn your losses and you earn your confidence

there is no 'savior' coming over to save you. Dig in and go out there put in the work.

they are playing like they are out there for morning skate. last to every lose puck, no urgency whatsoever

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Whatever needs to happen, I think it requires more than a swap of RWers.

Most likely yes but I remember we had that slump last year somewhat early on, they put Nylander with Matthews and Marner with JT, it did help...wouldn't cure everything but it's a bit of a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad