Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Pacioretty to a PTO (official)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
probably Jason Alliston fast, should compliment JT's speed............
The only thing that Damien Cox ever wrote that I enjoyed was after Allison took the shootout one night..

I am paraphrasing but it said

"As you are reading this article, Jason Allison is just finishing up his shootup attempt"

I actually laughed out loud

• Haha
Reactions: CuuuJooo and rumman

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Every forward on the projected roster I’d rather have than Pacioretty. I don’t understand this at all and I’m getting pretty sick of Treliving’s fascination with old, broken down players with injury history.
I feel this way too and I want to see our kids get a chance as well. Having said this, I am assuming Paccioretty gets like $900K or something and I don't like the signing at all if it is more, but at the right money I say "why not"? He either can't play and we bury him or he can play and that pushes the kids too. If Cowan can't beat out Paccioretty this year then maybe he needs another year in London?

Knies Matthews Domi
Paccioretty Nylander Marner
Robertson Tavares McMann
Holmberg Kampf Jarnkrok
Dewar
Reaves (waivers)

• Haha
Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I don’t know why people would be down on this, they need someone JT can keep up with.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Didn’t look like there was much left in Max last season. Not hopeful this season will offer much more.

Maybe he’ll surprise and great if he does but I expect a hungry young player or two will look better.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Welcome back to the old Babs day. If you think Babs liked players to talk about the other players to him, this guy is Trelivings (maybe Berube too) insider. He is looking for a post career job.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Welcome back to the old Babs day. If you think Babs liked players to talk about the other players to him, this guy is Trelivings (maybe Berube too) insider. He is looking for a post career job.

He’s essentially Spezza and I expect him to join Leafs management group when he’s done. If you listen to agent provocateur Max has been clear about wanting to get into Management or Coaching afterwards

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He’s essentially Spezza and I expect him to join Leafs management group when he’s done. If you listen to agent provocateur Max has been clear about wanting to get into Management or Coaching afterwards

Spezza was smart and had great hands... neither of those sticks out as strengths of Pacioretty, which are likely needed when you are aging and your body is breaking down, not to mention, most recently he was not good.

I hope this works out, just not holding my breath.

I don't see space for him with Robertson signing either.

PTO though, who cares?

It is the signing before the PTO that would annoy me.

I swear Treliving reads a 2019 scouting report and finds players.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Have you seen him in the playoffs?

It’s fine and dandy that jarnkrok can pk, but he is a 4th liner, and a mediocre one at that come playoffs. He has 3 points in 18 games with us, that’s playing mostly 3rd line with a bit of 1st line too. He’s a career 19!!!! Point player in the playoffs. He is beyond useless in the playoffs, and our pk fell off harder than our offence did in round 1 last year, he made no difference.

He can stay if he wants to play 4th line RW, but then kampf has to go, we can’t have both of these guys on the team, and kampf actually produces more than jarnkrok in the playoffs + Center

I'd send Kampf out the door before Jarnkork without ANY hesitation, Jarnkork is both a better player, and cheaper.

Reactions: therealkoho

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
i don’t think playing Reaves or not makes too much of a difference. He doesn’t deter guys as much as we think, but we also aren’t getting much more from a Noah Gregor playing ~7 minutes a game in that 12th forward role either

Now as to actually speak about pacioretty, I don’t like it. At best it’s a reclamation project, and I don’t think it’s worth it. He seems broken down and is gonna take a spot from someone I’d rather see play (Mcmann, Robertson, potentially Cowan)

He's not taking a spot from Mcmann or Robertson, as for Cowan if he goes back to Junior that's fine, let him go win a memorial cup.

Reactions: aingefan

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The only thing that Damien Cox ever wrote that I enjoyed was after Allison took the shootout one night..

I am paraphrasing but it said

"As you are reading this article, Jason Allison is just finishing up his shootup attempt"

I actually laughed out loud

I used to yell at the TV "SPEED JASON!!!!!!!!! f***ING SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

there was never any speed.

never. any. speed.

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad