Confirmed with Link: Leafs to sign Domi to 4 year extension - 3.75M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Yes, Kerfoot plays a game with more "snot" between the whistles and Domi plays a game with more "snot" after the whistles, it is obvious, I agree.

Kerfoot doesn’t play with any “snot” at all. He’s a hard working player that can do well in a system that benefits his strengths. He doesn’t exhibit much emotion and when he enters a scrum, it’s in a systematic way because it seems like the right thing to do. Even our robot Captain has more “snot” than Kerfoot.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Kerfoot doesn’t play with any “snot” at all. He’s a hard working player that can do well in a system that benefits his strengths. He doesn’t exhibit much emotion and when he enters a scrum, it’s in a systematic way because it seems like the right thing to do. Even our robot Captain has more “snot” than Kerfoot.

So I am asking what "snot" is... Kerfoot goes into corners and isn't afraid to put his body on the line to win, Domi will fight and get into scrums but avoids contact and primarily uses his stick during the play. Is "snot" just describing someone's willingness to engage in scrums?

I am not sure scrums win cups, but maybe they do... most of the playoffs seemed to be 99% skill, and that's what won ultimately, not all the "snot".

It seems like a lot of fans want the rough stuff in between whistles (it's enjoyable, I get it, I'd like more of it from an entertainment POV) but it just doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't help you win, it wouldn't be my primary target of what I look for in players.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Good for the young man. He is a Gamer, improved his defensive play and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Now he has a chance to leave a family legacy in Toronto, maybe even overshadowing his once very popular father.

I still don't like the Leafs chances with their top heavy cap, this has been repeated ad naseum, but I trust Domi to play with some edge and he can play on the top line.

I don't know if they can convince Bert to re-sign or not, but it would be good.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
So I am asking what "snot" is... Kerfoot goes into corners and isn't afraid to put his body on the line to win, Domi will fight and get into scrums but avoids contact and primarily uses his stick during the play. Is "snot" just describing someone's willingness to engage in scrums?

I am not sure scrums win cups, but maybe they do... most of the playoffs seemed to be 99% skill, and that's what won ultimately, not all the "snot".

It seems like a lot of fans want the rough stuff in between whistles (it's enjoyable, I get it, I'd like more of it from an entertainment POV) but it just doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't help you win, it wouldn't be my primary target of what I look for in players.

Attitude and pushback. Tre used the term "snot" and brought in two guys who don't hit much but have attitudes and pushback. It's subjective whether it wins cups or not since "snot" is a ridiculous term to begin with, but that Florida team has a whole lot of it and I wouldn't say they're biggest or hardest hitters, but they play with a whole lot of F.U. attitude.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I may be in the minority but I want zero part of Bertuzzi, even at a discount. The guy was a total passenger last year for the first half of the season. I expected so much more for that cap hit.
I'm not the least bit excited by Bertuzzi either. Thrilled to have Domi on board for years to come though, so happy this finally got done!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Attitude and pushback. Tre used the term "snot" and brought in two guys who don't hit much but have attitudes and pushback. It's subjective whether it wins cups or not since "snot" is a ridiculous term to begin with, but that Florida team has a whole lot of it and I wouldn't say they're biggest or hardest hitters, but they play with a whole lot of F.U. attitude.

So, it's no different than people saying certain players try more than others.

It is people trying to find a way to justify their opinion without having to back it up in any way.

It is just a buzzword and not much more.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
So, it's no different than people saying certain players try more than others.

It is people trying to find a way to justify their opinion without having to back it up in any way.

It is just a buzzword and not much more.

No, I think the majority of hockey viewers can identify players with attitudes and pushback. The term "snot" is a buzzword, but the personality traits are objectively viewable.

I'm trying to understand your motivation here, and frankly I think we're taking up too much space in this thread going back and forth. I don't mind discussing this with you, but let's take it to private messages if you would like to continue.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Matthews seems to appreciate it some of the most on the team. He certainly got going when Reaves would drop em.

Matthews is probably one of those guys that wants to be like that but isn't so they live vicariously through others.

3.75m for Domi was what I was hoping but doubtful for.

Not too concerned with what Matthews enjoys from the bench, I get Domi’s occasional scraps get them fired up but if he’s not going to be forechecking and creating space physically between the whistles then someone else needs to.

If Domi was consistently a pitbull on the puck he’d be damn near Matthews’ ideal winger (maybe if he had a better shot arsenal) but then he wouldn’t be available at this price.

Reactions: leafs in five

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I remember Kerfoot. He knew how to take...penalties.

• Haha
Reactions: zoA and rumman

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Finally someone that actually had to bite the bullet and accept a deal under their value to play for this team.

You love to see it.

I don't count Rielly because that dude took that discount on his shoulders, wanting us all to know how much he bleeds blue and white. I find the situations similar but different.

the-interview-james-franco.gif

Regardless, great term, great AAV, fingers crossed Tanevs secret long term plan pans out and we still have some Cap flexibility.

Who knows, Maybe Marner sees the writing on the wall that people want him out and he actually signs a VERY team friendly deal. Weirder things have happened.

Either way, impressed with Trelivings off-season so far. Good draft as well.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

Snot is having your teammates back, an example would be the Empty net incident where Domi is the first to arrive to back Reilly up. And I think Domi would had done the same thing if Reilly didn’t do it.
Snot also means not backing down from challenges and a pack mentality with your team.

It is not a hard concept to understand esp those who played in team sports and have friends who will always back you.

Now, is this something that helps team win, absolutely. Bc this snot will also lead be being accountable to the players and the team.

Everybody love going against soft opponents not just in sports but in life too. If you like to be bully around and taken advantage of, then you probably don’t need snot.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I may be in the minority but I want zero part of Bertuzzi, even at a discount. The guy was a total passenger last year for the first half of the season. I expected so much more for that cap hit.

I’m somewhere between. I don’t mind brining him back but not breaking the bank to so it. He’s not my first choice.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
He still stepped up in the second half and in the playoffs... Plus he will be more beneficial this year as opposed to last year under a real coach in Berube and he's exactly the type of player Berube likes and wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00