Friedman: Leafs to enter goalie Market

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So Friedman said that once the trade Freeze is lifted on the 28th that that the Leafs will enter the goalie market and you know what? they kind of have to.

The Toronto Maple Leafs right now are down the one useable goalie and that's Martin Jones.

Woll is hurt and Samsonov is not an option he got to go.

I wonder who Treliving targets, I could see him calling up Carolina about Raanta, I know Raanta has had an awful season but he's at least got a track record of being a good goalie, his problem is he also gets injured.

I also wonder about Markstrom, seeing as Treliving brought to Calgary.

I wonder about Binnington on the Blues, he's not my first choice but I still bet Treliving places a call.

I doubt Montreal helps out Toronto but we know Jake Allen is available.

I wonder about Vejmelka if Arizona falls out.

And Gibson, I've also been a Gibson guy, I think if you get him off the Ducks he goes back to being John Gibson he just NEEDS to get off the Ducks.

Somebody needs to be brought in.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Can Montreal actually sell Montembault here.

3 years.. 3.15 torontos window..

We take back a contract and some draft capital.

If you want Primeau you will pay a premium, even though there are more “question marks”.

And I really don’t think Toronto feels comfortable taking Allen for 1.5 years unless the goal is to ride him instead of Montembault for 1.5 years and hope Woll develops behind Allen.

Even if woll develops behind Allen, your banking either way.

Does Toronto have much more of a choice?

Does Montreal believe they have a chance at the playoffs?

Can we swing a Defensman AND a goalie torontos way for draft capital and or a prospect for Laval with potential fitment in Montreal..

All these things and more at 6. Stay tuned .

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

We take back a contract a some draft capital.

If you want Primeau you will pay a premium,

And I really don’t think Toronto feels comfortable taking Allen for 1.5 years unless the goal is to ride him instead of Montembault for 1.5 years and hope Woll develops behind Allen.

Can we swing a Defensman AND a goalie torontos way for draft capital and or a prospect for Laval with potential fitment in Montreal..

Primeau has about as close to 0 value as you can get.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

We take back a contract and some draft capital.

If you want Primeau you will pay a premium, even though there are more “question marks”.

We definitely don’t want Primeau, I’ll tell you that for free.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is an absolute troll post.

A 24 year old goaltender with great skills has absolute 0 value?

Ok, please enlighten me?

24 year old with 28 games of .881. Teams just love goalies with stats like that. Where are these skills? Ned had better stats when Detroit get him and it took a 3rd, Husso was much better took a 3rd. Primeau is going to be a career AHL goalie. If he got waived after Christmas he likely clears for free.

The fact that you think it is a troll post shows how way off the mark you are on value of your own roster players.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Leafs should try to snag ferraro and blackwood, big upgrades they could really use. Tree is bottom tier though so they prob get mrazek or some other cheap filler.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
24 year old with 28 games of .881. Teams just love goalies with stats like that. Where are these skills? Ned had better stats when Detroit get him and it took a 3rd, Husso was much better took a 3rd. Primeau is going to be a career AHL goalie. If he got waived after Christmas he likely clears for free.

The fact that you think it is a troll post shows how way off the mark you are on value of your own roster players.
You know what. I think cayden is a good goaltender. Do I think he’s worth a lot? No, I think he’s worth more than Allen and Montembault. Based off potential.

I also think Cayden, if you’ve watch any habs games, is a better goaltender than all three of Montreals goaltenders at the top of his game.

Do I think Toronto has better options? Yes

Do I think Cayden will get what Montreal is hoping for him? No.

But as a habs fan, I do think Cayden has the highest potential whether he’s reached it or not.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
don't compare him to prime cujo you just look ridiculous.
I wasn’t comparing him to CuJo I was saying if he could break out with his skills and play like cuJo that leafs would be lucky because I do believe Cayden has the potential to be a great starter.

Ya and if I broke out into a prime Carey Price I’d also be helpful.
Omg. go to bed dude.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Leafs should get an established veteran goalie. MTL goalies for f***ing sure aren't the answer here.

If's aren't worth anything.
You guys are ridiculous.

Cayden isn’t fully developed.

Stop with the nonsense.

Having Cayden or Woll is basically the same thing but Woll is injured.

Both have high potential. One is younger.

Allen will give you good back up skills,

Montembault is a wild card.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
You know what. I think cayden is a good goaltender. Do I think he’s worth a lot? No, I think he’s worth more than Allen and Montembault. Based off potential.

I also think Cayden, if you’ve watch any habs games, is a better goaltender than all three of Montreals goaltenders at the top of his game.

Do I think Toronto has better options? Yes

Do I think Cayden will get what Montreal is hoping for him? No.

But as a habs fan, I do think Cayden has the highest potential whether he’s reached it or not.
Truly amazed a Habs fan would think so, especially after reading all the other bullshit threads here.

Reactions: MiddleEarth

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Unless we can get cheap depth, we'd be better off treading water until Woll comes back

Jones has been serviceable and our offense can win us games. Whatever assets we have need to go towards getting a good defenseman
I’m not trying to stir the pot, but what happens when Woll comes back? Are your goalie problems solved?

Reactions: Laus723

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Unless we can get cheap depth, we'd be better off treading water until Woll comes back

Jones has been serviceable and our offense can win us games. Whatever assets we have need to go towards getting a good defenseman

They can't tread water because Samsonov can't play, he isn't an option

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I’m not trying to stir the pot, but what happens when Woll comes back? Are your goalie problems solved?
If he plays the way he did before injury, yeah.

But I’d feel much, much better having someone else who can step into that top spot just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad