Post-Game Talk: Leafs Stomp Tampa Bay 5-2 (Really 6-2)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not much tonight. Consider a series though, especially the first few games when the game is most physical and the checking is far higher than it was tonight.

Im just not convinced, sorry, way too early for that after 8 years.

Consider a playoff series? You'd rather have Reaves in playing his 5-6 minutes over just about anybody else? When the game, as you said, is tighter and less loose? I like the guy and he's honestly been alright but if healthy, this lineup has better options.

After 8 years, we should know our issues are far beyond having a face puncher.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Fun game tonight. We play like this all year and we're going to do damage.

Attachments

• 464307702_10160798984677983_6285924465048553110_n.jpg
    464307702_10160798984677983_6285924465048553110_n.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I find it weird Arizona didn't draft Matthew Knies back in 2021, a kid from Phoenix, Arizona

They had the pick about 10 picks before, instead, chose a Russian

This is why you no longer have a team

Reactions: ClarkSittler

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Last year this would've been a squeaker 5-4 W.

I like our style this year, pretty much givin'er 60 mins a night.

The difference was Stolarz... The game was closer than the score showed.

I thought they played well overall but it was a Vasi stinker (he has had a lot in recent years) and Stolarz playing great.

I don't want to take away from the team because I thought for the most part they played well, but I don't think it was a 5-2 game, just like against NYR it wasn't a 4-1 game.

Reactions: Smif

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Consider a playoff series? You'd rather have Reaves in playing his 5-6 minutes over just about anybody else? When the game, as you said, is tighter and less loose? I like the guy and he's honestly been alright but if healthy, this lineup has better options.

After 8 years, we should know our issues are far beyond having a face puncher.
I dont want him their primarily to fight (though some policing on the ice doesn't hurt) but to fill in the line that is constantly around the net and playing physical. He always brings it, even if imperfect.

This isn't the playoffs. Continuing to build an identity and particular habits are key, but I don't think for a moment that some of these players won't disappear when the game tightens up.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think the overall game showed that Reaves isn't really needed. There's plenty of bite in other players and the Leafs were able to play a more rounded player in key situations. I know Reaves has a reputation but he wouldn't have done much.
They guys we added, specifically OEL and Tanev have solid edges to them. They play them in the right moment. Loved seeing Guentzel laying on the ice there begging for a call.

Some Most of the forwards too. I mean, even our little Nicky Bobby was out there banging and bumping.

The makeup of this group makes the earlier versions (years past) of our team look like a joke. Regardless of how far we go, the type of players we have are the ones we have always been missing.

Also, seems we have a coach where the players know they cannot get away with their passive play.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
I find it weird Arizona didn't draft Matthew Knies back in 2021, a kid from Phoenix, Arizona

They had the pick about 10 picks before, instead, chose a Russian

This is why you no longer have a team

Sky's the limit for this kid. He's got the tools and it looks like he just found his tool-box. Going to be fun watching him improve in the next couple years.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Brilliant game. Love the dominance. All over the puck all game. Chased Vas. Tanev is a warrior. OEL with a dominant game as well. Great saves by Stolarz. Keep it up against Columbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad