Post-Game Talk: Leafs Stomp Tampa Bay 5-2 (Really 6-2)

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 10.20.38 PM.png

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The ending of the game is a reminder why Reaves still has a role from time to time, though the power forward role is more critical when he plays it.

Back to back games and so many hard minutes killing penalties so he probably gets back in somehow though the team up and down the lineup played with drive.

lol. I mean, did you even watch this game? What is Reaves going to do from the bench?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The ending of the game is a reminder why Reaves still has a role from time to time, though the power forward role is more critical when he plays it.

Back to back games and so many hard minutes killing penalties so he probably gets back in somehow though the team up and down the lineup played with drive.

I think the overall game showed that Reaves isn't really needed. There's plenty of bite in other players and the Leafs were able to play a more rounded player in key situations. I know Reaves has a reputation but he wouldn't have done much.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

I hope he dresses the next time we play Tampa and tunes that dirty rat Cernak up.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
OEL's level has been shockingly high.
He is moving the puck well, very steady in his own end and has actually brought tons of physical play and grit.
We all didn't know exactly what we were getting when he signed but he's been arguably our best all around D.
The pro scouts deserve alot of credit because if he can continue this level of play, he's a impact player.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Anybody who doesn’t see the difference between this years team and last are watching the games with their eyes closed. They’re a tougher team, much better defensively, Tanev and OEL, McMann and Knies beasts, relentless with a lead, 2nd efforts and pursuits, response after losing, and of course great goaltending with Stolarz. Well done boys.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
lol. I mean, did you even watch this game? What is Reaves going to do from the bench?
The point is the back to back, heavy PK minutes and an interest in keeping the players on their toes and competitive.

Tomorrow night is a perfect game for an injury of a lull because of the tired legs. I find a way to get him into the game, perhaps pull Holmberg.

Come playoffs the Leafs are going to need to be heavy. Don't think for a moment the same stars can't or won't disappear again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad