Post-Game Talk: Leafs Stomp Tampa Bay 5-2 (Really 6-2)

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
We shoud have won the game against Rangers. like I said that game, if we play like that every night, we win 8/10 games

That relentless forecheck.....How refreshing to see that..... Not doing enough circles

F U Keefe
To be honest we could/should be 6-0.

This team can do some damage this year with the right deadline acquisitions.

Exciting times ahead.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I think the overall game showed that Reaves isn't really needed. There's plenty of bite in other players and the Leafs were able to play a more rounded player in key situations. I know Reaves has a reputation but he wouldn't have done much.
Not much tonight. Consider a series though, especially the first few games when the game is most physical and the checking is far higher than it was tonight.

Im just not convinced, sorry, way too early for that after 8 years.

We see the same outcomes every playoff series and at least Reaves when on that 4th line provides a constant problem with a north/south, physical game.

• Haha
Reactions: Bejeezus

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Awesome game from everyone except those god awful refs.

Leafs dominated everywhere.

Stolarz looking legit.
Refs were downright awful. Clowns. What else is new. The only person in the rink to not see Lorentz pass the puck to Holmberg (WITH HIS STICK) was the moron who waved the goal off. What a dunce.

Leafs were significantly better in every area. Tampa looked terrible. I don't see how they compete for a division title with that group unless Vasi is the best goalie in the league.

Stolarz was good again, but was swimming a bit tonight. Probably a bit tired. Woll has a challenge for the No. 1. Which is great news regardless of who is starting.

PP wasn't terrible on entries or puck movement once in the zone. Good to see.

PK was strong, but got taken down by a great play by 86 and a bit of an overplay by Stolarz.

I felt Tavares was our worst player, but a lot.

Gutless play by Eyssimont at the end of the game.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Berube looking some kind of smart pulling the 11 and 88 combo out of the hat right from the get go. Not gonna lie, I thought it was gonna be an oil and water combo early in the preseason.

They look fantastic with 74 on the flank.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
One of our best games in a very long time. Hitting, scoring and defending. Tampa got a ton of PPs but outside of that, not many high danger chances 5 on 5.

Stolarz has been super good. It won't last all season so I hope his regression doesn't hit too hard but you hope he keeps up that high level of goaltending.
I'd like to see the xGF and xGA 5-on-5. Must have been heavily in our favour?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad