Leafs starting line-up 24/25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Hopefully, Domi played some of his best hockey next to Matthews. I also found Matthews a little more aggressive in his play knowing he had two (Bertuzzi and Domi) players that play with a bit of an edge and can drop the gloves. You can almost recreate that line by having Knies, Matthews and Domi.
Not only does Domi with Matthews work for those two (with Knies) it also opens the possibility of Nylander and Marner working (with Pacioretty, Grebenkin, Cowan or Holmberg) as an outstanding second line. Marner can feed Willy pucks and maybe we have two fifty-goal men? Marner also brings defensive strengths to support Willy. Pacioretty clicking with those two would be a nice outcome in so many ways.

Knies Matthews Domi
Pacioretty Nylander Marner
Robertson Tavares McMann

Holmberg, Grebenkin, Kampf, Jarnkrok, Lorentz, Dewar, Reaves, Cowan and Minten fill out the fourth. We really should consider trading one or both of Jarnkrok and Kampf. I believe they are movable for modest returns.

Reactions: arso40

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Not only does Domi with Matthews work for those two (with Knies) it also opens the possibility of Nylander and Marner working (with Pacioretty, Grebenkin, Cowan or Holmberg) as an outstanding second line. Marner can feed Willy pucks and maybe we have two fifty-goal men? Marner also brings defensive strengths to support Willy. Pacioretty clicking with those two would be a nice outcome in so many ways.

Knies Matthews Domi
Pacioretty Nylander Marner
Robertson Tavares McMann

Holmberg, Grebenkin, Kampf, Jarnkrok, Lorentz, Dewar, Reaves, Cowan and Minten fill out the fourth. We really should consider trading one or both of Jarnkrok and Kampf. I believe they are movable for modest returns.
I now see i forgot about Pacioretty.
I would not get rid of Jarnkrok if we are not 100% sure to get someone better in return. He can play anywere in the lineup and at least stay status quo. Nothing happens forward or backward for most games. We dont want anyone giving us less then that. Kampf yeah.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Knies-Matthews-Domi
Mcmann-Nylander-Marner
Pacioretty-Tavares-Grebenkin
Robertson-Holmberg-Nylander
Dewar

Out-
Kampf
Jarnkrok
Reaves

Now I understand there's not really any shutdown lines but those top 3 lines could compete against any other teams top line which allows our 4th line to hopefully feast on opposing teams with their skill.

Reactions: 67leafs

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Matthews and Jarnkrok hurt.

There's likely to be injuries and some movement in the lineup. There could be a lot of moving pieces.

I think Knies and maybe Cowan will be the only waivers exempt players on the season opening roster, and at that Cowan is a long shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad