Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Pacioretty to a PTO (official)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Expecting a trade. The following 16 players are probably good enough play on opening night and, obviously, 4 of them would not be able to dress. That's too many, IMO.

Centers
Matthews
Marner
Domi
Kampf
Holmberg

Left Wings
Knies
McMann
Robertson
Pacioretty
Dewar

Right Wings
Marner
Nylander
Jarnkrok
Cowan
Reaves
Grebenkin

If Hakanpaa can play, I'd be looking to do something involving Kampf, Liljegren and or Robertson and draft picks to upgrade the 3C spot, solidifying Domi in the top 6 on the wing.
It's not quite as cut and dry as this. Domi could end up being a winger... so he needs to be listed as a RW as well. Dewar is a natural C, so you could list him at that spot as well, particularly if we did go out and get a 3C, he'd slide to 4C. Holmberg has played more wing for us, than C.

In any case, we will probably roster 13 forwards, with Grebenkin likely starting with the Marlies, if only because he is waiver eligible, and Cowan perhaps back in the OHL for the same reason... unless one, or both really show something and end up stealing a spot, or nine games.

So the list has 12 forwards, plus Patches and Lorentz on PTO, plus Cowan, Minten, Grebenkin, Steeves looking to steal a spot, but could be sent down.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Lots of Meh. Can't see him being better than JVR. Unless you only want part time. I think Max is stronger but he will break if he has to be. So not sure why.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
No draft pick given up for this.
That’s true.

Still hate how we wasted a 2nd for Mr. Turtle…

I just hope he doesn’t bump Robertson out of an opportunity to be successful. Between the two of them, Robertson is the player most likely to have a future with this team.

Enough stifles development for stiffs like Malgin. Let the kid play with some talent and see what he is.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Zero risk

If he sucks we can let him walk and if he does stick around he will keep our young LW group honest and fighting for there jobs

We've done worse business

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That’s true.

Still hate how we wasted a 2nd for Mr. Turtle…

I just hope he doesn’t bump Robertson out of an opportunity to be successful. Between the two of them, Robertson is the player most likely to have a future with this team.

Enough stifles development for stiffs like Malgin. Let the kid play with some talent and see what he is.

While I don't disagree on the slightest, if Robertson fails to show he's unquestionably the better choice than a vet on his literal last legs, that's more in him than anything else

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
While I don't disagree on the slightest, if Robertson fails to show he's unquestionably the better choice than a vet on his literal last legs, that's more in him than anything else
That’s fair.

Robertson has to show he’s worth the spot he is in.

No more excuses. New coach, blank slate.

Show up and take it and prove you belong.

Hopefully he stays healthy and does exactly that.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hate this idea...how does Robertson, Mintin etc get developed when old slow, weak guys get ice time. Even Montreal didn't want him.
Let's sign Gio too. Maybe Mats could be our 3C

It would be healthy for them to beat out an old and slow weak guy on their way to full time employment.

Reactions: rumman

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

If Robertson doesn’t beat out Pacioretty in a definitive way, the Leafs could rest easier knowing they can get Robertson plus level help from the rubbish bin.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Day 1, he is better. 30 games later they are equal.
50 games in they are better.
But ice time is required. Pacorety was done in 2021

The onus is on Robertson to be better than Pacioretty day one and never look back. If you're 22-23 and so sure you deserve whatever role he thinks he deserves, he's gotta blow him out of the water and never look back. If it's a dead heat in camp vs a 35 year old, then he hasn't come prepared.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
We need to get younger and faster. Not older and slower. Very uninspiring move.
With all of our core new contracts gonna be counting towards our cap after this season (assuming Marner is signed) I think it's wise if we don't rush Cowan and Minten so we'll be using their ELC years the 1st 3 years of all those high AAVs. Idk if Greb is ok with coming over here to play in the AHL but that'd be nice if he was fine with it. Seeing him and Minten play together on the Marlies would be nice to see. If that's the case then we could be spoiled with Leafs and Marlies hockey this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad