Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Pacioretty to a PTO (official)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It is used in Canada.
Had it for a hip injury over a decade ago, and worked wonders after years of pain.
Get a slight twinge now and again, but they are fleeting.
I’m going to look into it, I got ankle, knee, shoulder, and neck problems, but thankfully my hips are good. Knock on wood……..

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
He brings size and hands.

But it is preseason, not game 72 at age 36.

Yes of course. But it’s still worth note that he is moving way better than I expected.

He was averaging 30+ goals prior to his first injury season, but that was over 2 years ago.

A bonus based deal?

I really hope not. I hope he just takes a cheap ish deal and accepts that this is a prove it year as someone who hasn’t a lot the last 2

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Knies - Matthews - Marner
Domi - Nylander - Jarnkrok
McMann - Tavares - Robertson

Not sure where he fits in the lineup if those are the early camp lines for the top nine. I do like his positive approach and hope he can actually show us he can still play. Would definitely make us a deeper team.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yes of course. But it’s still worth note that he is moving way better than I expected.

I really hope not. I hope he just takes a cheap ish deal and accepts that this is a prove it year as someone who hasn’t a lot the last 2
I mean a real bonus based deal, not one of those if you can lace up skates we'll give you another million.

NTC maybe, but not a NMC, so he can be waived if he falls off a cliff, or never gets up the hill to the cliff.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Knies - Matthews - Marner
Domi - Nylander - Jarnkrok
McMann - Tavares - Robertson

Not sure where he fits in the lineup if those are the early camp lines for the top nine. I do like his positive approach and hope he can actually show us he can still play. Would definitely make us a deeper team.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
Pacioretty - Nylander - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Grebenkin
McMann - Kampf - Jarnkrok

This is not how things are trending based on camp lines, but this is what I’d be looking at. Conditionally based Grebs and Pacioretty’s play in preseason.

Working from those early camp lines you posted though, I would just move McMann down 1 line and slot Pacioretty in as 3LW

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
By all accounts, Pacioretty takes his training very seriously. If he says he's back to the way he was prior to his injuries, I believe it. Why else would you roll the dice on a PTO if you didn't feel great. No reason to think he can't be a LW on our top 9. I'm looking forward to a solid season from him if he stays healthy. No reason he can't score 20+ goals on this team. Excited to see him in preseason games.

Something has to give though, and I suspect that is Cowan, Grebenkin, etc.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Frankly, if Tre re-signs both JT and Marner and to those cap hits then he is no better than Dubas. Teams do not so many high paid forwards.
I'm sure if it comes down to it Tavares would take less than 7 mil to stay here because he will be the odd man out. The 7 mil is just a mil less than Stamkos who was used as a comparable. On the open market he probably gets that, but to stay here who knows how much he'll have to sign for.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm sure if it comes down to it Tavares would take less than 7 mil to stay here because he will be the odd man out. The 7 mil is just a mil less than Stamkos who was used as a comparable. On the open market he probably gets that, but to stay here who knows how much he'll have to sign for.
If he’s to come back it has to be for a lot less than 7 million

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
By all accounts, Pacioretty takes his training very seriously. If he says he's back to the way he was prior to his injuries, I believe it. Why else would you roll the dice on a PTO if you didn't feel great. No reason to think he can't be a LW on our top 9. I'm looking forward to a solid season from him if he stays healthy. No reason he can't score 20+ goals on this team. Excited to see him in preseason games.

Something has to give though, and I suspect that is Cowan, Grebenkin, etc.

20+ might be a stretch. But if he puts up a 15+15 season on the third line that's all right. He won't get prime PP time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad