Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Give him a bit more to get some points for trade value. Maybe some time with Willy. Not sire need to up his value.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Lots of talent there but has sometimes has that Yakupov "looks like hes being chased by bees" trait to his game. Love the hustle though. The points will come.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Lots of talent there but has sometimes has that Yakupov "looks like hes being chased by bees" trait to his game. Love the hustle though. The points will come.

I love that description. I'm terrified that it's a trait that shows a player who is only good in the AHL or KHL. But it's apt.

I believe in Robertson. The numbers don't show how he's actually been. I've noticed him most games in a positive way.

Reactions: Zybalto

Leafs4Life77

Sep 30, 2009
I can't remember a player who falls on the ice or flubbs passes / shots as much as him.

Can't question the hustle / effort but with his skating / size / defensive ineptitude I don't think he's ever going to be a Top 6 quality player on a contender.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Not being snarky in asking, but do you have a link for this?

Sounds like it might be an interesting read.

Cheers.
No. I heard Luke Fox say it on The Fan 590 this morning. Super vague to be honest. My post doesn't have much weight.

Robertson is now on pace for 0 goals, 0 assists, and 0 points.

Good job.

Reactions: LeafSteel

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
It sounds like Robertson is playing the "right way", according to Berube. The points will come.

I do think Robertson would be better in the top 6 as opposed to the bottom 6. But the top 6 is doing good. JT has been a boat anchor.

Reactions: DarkKnight

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It sounds like Robertson is playing the "right way", according to Berube. The points will come.

I do think Robertson would be better in the top 6 as opposed to the bottom 6. But the top 6 is doing good. JT has been a boat anchor.

I think the bottom 6 is still being figured out.

Obviously, you don't move McMann down for Robertson, although I thought McMann would have worked with a younger Tavares.

He isn't a top 6 player on the Leafs, but maybe he would be on another team?

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I think the bottom 6 is still being figured out.

Obviously, you don't move McMann down for Robertson, although I thought McMann would have worked with a younger Tavares.

He isn't a top 6 player on the Leafs, but maybe he would be on another team?

Honestly, I would rather keep Robertson and trade JT for a power forward. Knies, McMann and ___. Scorers - Matthews, Nylander, Robertson.

But JT's no move clause, and it's obviously the Leafs are going to resign him makes this unlikely. Robertson does feel like one of those players that if we trade, he will blow up. But this is just a feeling and not fact lol.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
There are some players where you watch and understand they contribute nothing. Robertson is consistently causing good things to happen. It’s not his fault Tavares is always 20 feet behind the play.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
There are some players where you watch and understand they contribute nothing. Robertson is consistently causing good things to happen. It’s not his fault Tavares is always 20 feet behind the play.

Yeah not to blame JT but he's not helping Robby out.

Robertson isn't a playmaker, he's a finisher. Holmberg couldn't make plays on that line earlier and JT wasn't either. Patches seemed to get more out of that line and it showed.

I think Robby would do better with more speed and grit on his line like McMann - except you can't take him off of Domi/Nylander's wing right now.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Yet geniuses like McKee and Bunkis will claim it's just to keep his trade value good.
It's such flawed logic. If it's just to keep his trade value high, well shouldn't he be doing it for Lilly too? This says the Robertson praise is genuine from Berube.
Ok. So, he's winning the media/public opinion war. Sadly, he's losing the most important battle: no production to stay in an NHL line-up. Good for him. Now he needs to produce. He's not killing penalties, or winning faceoffs. He better get going.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Yet geniuses like McKee and Bunkis will claim it's just to keep his trade value good.
It's such flawed logic. If it's just to keep his trade value high, well shouldn't he be doing it for Lilly too? This says the Robertson praise is genuine from Berube.

Agreed. Robertson and Liljegren were both in similar circumstances with Berube coming in and it’s very obvious which one has endeared themselves to the new coach. If they were each in the same boat they’d either both be sitting or both be being “advertised.” Robertson hasn’t scored yet but nothing about his play should have people thinking he’s got a foot out the door or he hasn’t been playing well.

Reactions: stickty111

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah not to blame JT but he's not helping Robby out.

Robertson isn't a playmaker, he's a finisher. Holmberg couldn't make plays on that line earlier and JT wasn't either. Patches seemed to get more out of that line and it showed.

I think Robby would do better with more speed and grit on his line like McMann - except you can't take him off of Domi/Nylander's wing right now.
Robertson is a misfit right now.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Agreed. Robertson and Liljegren were both in similar circumstances with Berube coming in and it’s very obvious which one has endeared themselves to the new coach. If they were each in the same boat they’d either both be sitting or both be being “advertised.” Robertson hasn’t scored yet but nothing about his play should have people thinking he’s got a foot out the door or he hasn’t been playing well.
Apart from Robertson himself asking to be traded twice as a leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad