Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Give him a bit more to get some points for trade value. Maybe some time with Willy. Not sire need to up his value.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Lots of talent there but has sometimes has that Yakupov "looks like hes being chased by bees" trait to his game. Love the hustle though. The points will come.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Lots of talent there but has sometimes has that Yakupov "looks like hes being chased by bees" trait to his game. Love the hustle though. The points will come.

I love that description. I'm terrified that it's a trait that shows a player who is only good in the AHL or KHL. But it's apt.

I believe in Robertson. The numbers don't show how he's actually been. I've noticed him most games in a positive way.

Reactions: Zybalto

Leafs4Life77

Sep 30, 2009
I can't remember a player who falls on the ice or flubbs passes / shots as much as him.

Can't question the hustle / effort but with his skating / size / defensive ineptitude I don't think he's ever going to be a Top 6 quality player on a contender.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Not being snarky in asking, but do you have a link for this?

Sounds like it might be an interesting read.

Cheers.
No. I heard Luke Fox say it on The Fan 590 this morning. Super vague to be honest. My post doesn't have much weight.

Robertson is now on pace for 0 goals, 0 assists, and 0 points.

Good job.

Reactions: LeafSteel

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
It sounds like Robertson is playing the "right way", according to Berube. The points will come.

I do think Robertson would be better in the top 6 as opposed to the bottom 6. But the top 6 is doing good. JT has been a boat anchor.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It sounds like Robertson is playing the "right way", according to Berube. The points will come.

I do think Robertson would be better in the top 6 as opposed to the bottom 6. But the top 6 is doing good. JT has been a boat anchor.

I think the bottom 6 is still being figured out.

Obviously, you don't move McMann down for Robertson, although I thought McMann would have worked with a younger Tavares.

He isn't a top 6 player on the Leafs, but maybe he would be on another team?

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I think the bottom 6 is still being figured out.

Obviously, you don't move McMann down for Robertson, although I thought McMann would have worked with a younger Tavares.

He isn't a top 6 player on the Leafs, but maybe he would be on another team?

Honestly, I would rather keep Robertson and trade JT for a power forward. Knies, McMann and ___. Scorers - Matthews, Nylander, Robertson.

But JT's no move clause, and it's obviously the Leafs are going to resign him makes this unlikely. Robertson does feel like one of those players that if we trade, he will blow up. But this is just a feeling and not fact lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad