Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Three years in a row Robertson has been one of the best at camp. I love his hunger, plenty of guys fail with these opportunities. He's making the coaches take notice. I note too, Berube is already praising his "motor".

Reactions: rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Watching smart veteran decisions from a washed Pacioretty makes you realize how over-rated 1-dimensional shooters who don't make their line mates better are. Robertson contributes to unstructured play styles.

I won't lose any sleep if Robertson doesn't make the roster. Easily replaceable. You can get better value from PTO players in todays game.

Pacioretty might have played his best game for the Leafs already.

I don't think Robertson has.

Reactions: rumman and Da Mash

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Watching smart veteran decisions from a washed Pacioretty makes you realize how over-rated 1-dimensional shooters who don't make their line mates better are. Robertson contributes to unstructured play styles.

I won't lose any sleep if Robertson doesn't make the roster. Easily replaceable. You can get better value from PTO players in todays game.
PTO players don’t shoot the puck like Robertson.

Reactions: rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Are you implying that Patches is going to regress now?

I am implying that the first game he played with us was great and he may not have a better game.

I was saying Robertson may be better than him this year, and likely will be better for the Leafs moving forward as Pacioretty will be 36 shortly.

It isn't a knock on Pacioretty, he's older and is a solid complimentary player and secondary scoring, I am excited to see what he can do, he's looked better than expected so far.

The original comment was saying Robertson is easily replaceable because of players like Pacioretty, just disagree with that statement.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Only in leaf land will a team keep a older player like Patch coming off injury and deal a young kid who scored 14 goals in 56 games while playing 11 mins a game.

I like Robertson....would I trade him for a suitable young player? Sure if it makes sense. Its going to be hard for him to crack the top six here.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Only in leaf land will a team keep a older player like Patch coming off injury and deal a young kid who scored 14 goals in 56 games while playing 11 mins a game.

I like Robertson....would I trade him for a suitable young player? Sure if it makes sense. It’s going to be hard for him to crack the top six here.
This isn’t unique to the Leafs, any team that considers itself a contender looks to add proven vets who can score.
Both will make the team anyway.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Three years in a row Robertson has been one of the best at camp. I love his hunger, plenty of guys fail with these opportunities. He's making the coaches take notice. I note too, Berube is already praising his "motor".

He also ask for a trade even before being signed, as a player that doesn't want to be here.

He still might be seeking a trade as his position might not have changed, and his current effort is an attempt to up his own resume in efforts to drum up trade possibilities.

Robertson had requested a trade earlier this summer after an inconsistent 2023-24 season where he simply could not stay in the lineup long enough to prove to Sheldon Keefe that he belonged in the NHL. However, under Berube, Robertson seems like he'll receive a fair shake and a legitimate chance at a full-time job with the Leafs. Unfortunately, that job may not be a guaranteed top-6 spot, as Seravalli had alluded to, so it will be interesting to see whether or not Robertson will renew his trade request if it looks like he'll end up starting the season in the bottom-6.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I actually feel the opposite. He's not great defensively but he can spot duty 1C here and there and also be a 3rd line winger. Quite versatile.
Moving to different lines/positions doesn't change that he plays the same one dimensional game in all of them.
And if Domi is your 1C, things have gone very, very wrong.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Moving to different lines/positions doesn't change that he plays the same one dimensional game in all of them.
And if Domi is your 1C, things have gone very, very wrong.
If my memory serves me correctly, we won a few playoff games with Domi as our 1C last year. That's versatility.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If Patches makes the team it shouldn’t be at the cost of Robertson, Robertson is a cost effective player, others not so much……

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
If my memory serves me correctly, we won a few playoff games with Domi as our 1C last year. That's versatility.
He was there because things did go very very wrong and then we made a stupid decision. You should remember that we won a couple playoff games because Woll stood on his head, not because Domi played well. Besides, you're still arguing versatility, but versatility doesn't really have anything to do with being one-dimensional. It's about the way he plays, not where he's doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad