Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Nice to get that sorted out. Happy to have Nick back. I've always tried to do what I felt was best for myself and my family and while it didn't always work out it's a policy that has served me well overall. Certainly not going to bitch and moan about somebody who shares the same philosophy.

Go show em Nick. :thumbu:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Makes no sense to trade him now, trade him in the spring around the TDL in a hockey trade when he is pacing for 30 goals.

But if he doesn't want to be here to the point he will be a problem in the room, so long.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The objection is Dreger uses his platform as an insider to frame contract negotiations as favorable for one player in specific vs Toronto. Where’s the corresponding chatter about Mikko Rantanen poised to take Colorado behind the woodshed? Doesn’t happen.
Why does it matter? Why would he only do this for one player? I don't see what he says sounding any different than what any of them say.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I like it. This is his golden opportunity to reach the next level in his career. If he stays healthy, he should be motivated to have a breakout season.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why does it matter? Why would he only do this for one player? I don't see what he says sounding any different than what any of them say.

Who knows why someone would use their platform to shill for a pro athlete?

But do you see this type of hyper inflated salary being speculated on, with imminent offer sheets available for the likes of Swayman and other RFA?

This is from 2019 by the way.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

But do you see this type of hyper inflated salary being speculated on, with imminent offer sheets available for the likes of Swayman and other RFA?

Seems like something you've imagined is happening.
Every 'Insider' speculates on deals, not seeing what's different here. It's certainly not going to determine what a GM will sign a player for.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
If we are signing patches then I feel like this signing is more for them to increase value in trade. Maybe a trade is already set

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This man has no clue what he is talking about, ever.

They can do all the things he mentioned easily by waiving a few people.

I don't know why they'd want to hurt the team by doing those things, but it is not hard.

Not to defend Steve Dangle too much but I would imagine “waiving a few people,” the people in this instance being Timmins, would fall under the “solve” part of his tweet. And he didn’t act like it was some Herculean task to make cap room.

Reactions: rumman

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seems like something you've imagined is happening.
Every 'Insider' speculates on deals, not seeing what's different here. It's certainly not going to determine what a GM will sign a player for.

Let me spin it around on you. How can one be an “insider” if they didn’t have special access to one party or another?

Where Dreger gets his info and what he chooses to amplify is up to him.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Let me spin it around on you. How can one be an “insider” if they didn’t have special access to one party or another?
They would have access to many parties, not one or another.
The 'shilling' part is what makes no sense.

Every Insider is saying the same thing, Marner will come in somewhere between Nylander and Matthews.
Most here predict the same thing, don't see how that is 'shilling'.

Reactions: bax

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

probably on the player's payroll $$$$$$$$$

Where Dreger gets his info and what he chooses to amplify is up to him.
is Nonis in the Marner camp??????

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
If he can get 20-25-45, not get hurt and be more responsible without the puck he puts himself in that 3.5-4 tier, or becomes suddenly a valuable trade piece.

We should all hope for a big year from him.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
If he can get 20-25-45, not get hurt and be more responsible without the puck he puts himself in that 3.5-4 tier, or becomes suddenly a valuable trade piece.

We should all hope for a big year from him.
I feel differently. I am helping Robertson pack his bags, and driving him to the airport.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I feel differently. I am helping Robertson pack his bags, and driving him to the airport.

I'm also thinking it's more likely he's traded than not, but if he can add some pop to a 3rd line and even take a shift on the 2nd and hold up, and still show room to grow, it's good for him ($$$, more 🏒 ) and good for the team (better return).

Even if there was never a trade request, and he didn't really even have a leg to stand on there, I'm not committing more to him that what he got, very nicely played by management.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I will find elite sources on this rumor...

...by sun down.

;)
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
How can one be an “insider”...........?

Start a YouTube channel and a blog and start rumors based on reasoning and logic ... poof you are an "Insider" ... there are very few consistently reliable sources ... Dregger nope, Seravelli nope, LeBrun nope, Johnson nope ... just hype men who have a gift for packaging Bullshit as "inside" information ... no more reliable than tarot card readers or people who predict your future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad