Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Liljegren to 2 year extension 3M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
All of the charts that say this guy is awesome mean about as much as the charts that said Mete was awesome. Liljegren has room to grow, but he is not twice the value of Benoit. Why are we paying guys for what they hope they’ll be? He was a playoff healthy scratch over guys we traded a 4th for.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This isn't a contract to get worked up over either IMO. I'll take this news and hope the idea is to keep him around.

Reactions: arso40

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Running it back pretty much killed any enthusiasm we have left. Expect little and you won't be disappointed.

We don’t definitively know they are “running it back” at this point in time, in regards to the core 4.

Adding potentially 2 top 4 quality D and changing out the entire coaching staff also isnt nothing.

Reactions: arso40

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Yuck.

Cap increase 4.5m

Willie +4.5m
Matty +1.161m
Domi +0.75
Lily +1.675
Woll +3m (next year)

Total $8.541 in raises alone (so $4m fewer dollars for the rest)

gotta factor in the expiring contracts like Brodie, Gio, Klingberg, Murray, etc....

I am almost positive Jarnkrok is going to be dealth thats an addditional 2.1 million (unless Tre for some reason thinks Jarnkrok is the answer to Leafs' abysmal PK).

Marner's cap hit is ruining everything IMO. So we gotta at least wait a year. If was Tre I would be forcing the issue with Marner LOL

Reactions: Al14 and Macallan18

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
gotta factor in the expiring contracts like Brodie, Gio, Klingberg, Murray, etc....

I am almost positive Jarnkrok is going to be dealth thats an addditional 2.1 million (unless Tre for some reason thinks Jarnkrok is the answer to Leafs' abysmal PK).

Marner's cap hit is ruining everything IMO. So we gotta at least wait a year. If was Tre I would be forcing the issue with Marner LOL
Keefe loved Jarnkrok and he did fill multiple roles. BUT, once again, like his entire career, does nothing come playoffs. I’m fine with trading him. Ditto Kampf.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We don’t definitively know they are “running it back” at this point in time, in regards to the core 4.

Adding potentially 2 top 4 quality D and changing out the entire coaching staff also isnt nothing.
Will depend if they are bring Bert back or not. So far Tre has been a disappointment.

Bodie/Boosh -> Tanev (win)
Sammy -> Broissart/Stolarz/Tabot (MEH)
Bert -> ?
Ed -> ?

Keefe -> Berube (win)
Assistants (win)

Not very exciting other than seeing Cowan hopefully make it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's the contract I expected, and he is a guy we should be keeping. $3 mil was the number I used in Capfriendly in playing around with next years roster.

Yes, he was a regular in our lineup this year. He missed ONE playoff game, when they were mixing it up. He played most of the regular season, when he wasn't injured.

He was our second highest scoring D man, per game played. Lowest GA/60 amongst, McCabe, Rielly, Boosh, Brodie.. Second highest expected goal %, just behind Rielly of the full season guys.

Some of this fanbase is so myopic, sees one thing and fixates on it. Benoit is very good at being physical.. not so good at moving the puck... we love Benoit, but players like him are why we can't move the puck out of our zone. Lilly moves the puck well. He's also only 24.

This is a good signing.

We should extend Robertson too.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Brodie sure (most of that will go to Tanev). Gio was making peanuts and the other two were on LTIR.

There should be some extra $$ after we replace Sammy's 3.5m.

Tre has done nothing to get me excited about next year so far.

Reactions: Al14

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
It's the contract I expected, and he is a guy we should be keeping.

Yes, he was a regular in our lineup this year. He missed ONE playoff game, when they were mixing it up. He played most of the regular season, when he wasn't injured.

He was our second highest scoring D man, per game played. Lowest GA/60 amongst, McCabe, Rielly, Boosh, Brodie.. Second highest expected goal %, just behind Rielly of the full season guys.

Some of this fanbase is so myopic, sees one thing and fixates on it. Benoit is very good at being physical.. not so good at moving the puck... we love Benoit, but players like him are why we can't move the puck out of our zone. Lilly moves the puck well. He's also only 24.

This is a good signing.

We should extend Robertson too.
Ah man. You had me all the way until the end. Robertson is a dime-a-dozen prospect that every team has.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Rather give that money to a Boosh actually.

Here’s the thing about Lil, this idea he’s a puck mover and can skate out of our end. Yes, against passive teams like Ottawa, he looks great. When we face an effective forecheck, he falls apart completely, blinding chucks grenades up the wall to nobody and doesn’t skate at all. He can’t process the play quick enough. He’s a mirage that disappears when you looks closer, or more correctly when the game gets closer. He made my eyes bleed last playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3