Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Here we go again lol.... Trying to get 4th liners to be our real leaders. We can't even make this stuff up. Why are we paying three guys 11 million again? Now we are also overpaying a 4th liner to lead! Add that 1.3 million to Marner, Matthews, Tavares contracts because of they could fu$%$n lead we would've used the 1.3 million towards somebody useful.

Salaries aside, why are Marner, Matthews and Tavares wearing letters if they clearly have no leadership abilities? Sure maybe one of them, but all three have letters?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
But we need heavy weights that can play. Reaves is a heavy weight who plays 7 minutes a night and isn’t even good and he’s 36 and could fall off. Schenn is a heavy weight, he’s 3 years younger and logs 18-19 minutes a night and he made Rielly look like a super star.
Really wanted Schenn back... the thing about a guy like Schenn though is that teams know Schenn can't fight every battle because he's too valuable.

Reaves just has to be on the bench in uniform.. the new school thinks that doesn't matter... it's not 20 years ago. I heard it put very well yesterday... when it's the police ball, everyone speeds without ramifications (Sam Bennett on Knies). When the cops are in their nest looking for speeders, everyone slows down except for the real dummies.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
It's not just about the team we have , it's about what's being done to make it better or take the next step or fix the flaws it has. There's zero optimism that any of that is being taken seriously. Thanks for reading bud.
Oh I guess you busted that load early on. 😏

Really wanted Schenn back... the thing about a guy like Schenn though is that teams know Schenn can't fight every battle because he's too valuable.

Reaves just has to be on the bench in uniform.. the new school thinks that doesn't matter... it's not 20 years ago. I heard it put very well yesterday... when it's the police ball, everyone speeds without ramifications (Sam Bennett on Knies). When the cops are in their nest looking for speeders, everyone slows down except for the real dummies.
One of those would you rather him on your side or not. Difference between him and Simmons is Simmons likes to flight skilled follow power forwards when it ment something. Simmons broken his hand a few to many times that other teams know he's not really wanting to go.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
It's not just about the team we have , it's about what's being done to make it better or take the next step or fix the flaws it has. There's zero optimism that any of that is being taken seriously. Thanks for reading bud.
Knock knock Mr Bleak I think you need a new favorite team. They just did another another thing.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I actually like this for the team. The term is a year long but the drama queens on here are going to make this seem like the worst deal ever. Reaves will f*** guys up. We got bullied by the f***ing Panthers. That can’t happen. I’d love to see someone go poke Marner or Matthews now. You send Reaves out and he starts laying bodies. I like this move.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good to have even if it's just for the regular season. A little grit, intimidation, policeman. Whatever you want to call it, players will be bigger with him on the bench. Maybe when he goes skating with Matthews over the off season he can show him how to defend himself.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I still don't like the contract, but he's going to be a very likeable guy regardless while he's here

I like that.

I think his attitude will rub off to our guys(I hope). Beside, it takes someone very brave to say no to Reeves and bravery is not something our guys have.

Reactions: Menzinger

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Just watching recent highlights of him he looks faster than I imimagined.
Reality of the situation is once the leafs have the puck he just has to go straight to the net or the courner
Either way he just gets on his horse and guns it to the offensive zone same with defensive end, hit the boards with his ass or rush the D and block. Not much more you ever need to ask for from this guy.

Reactions: authentic

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I'm going to give him a chance before writing him off. This team has iced some abysmal 4th liners the last few years.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I am fine with it seeing as that 3rd year can be buried if need be. Like I am not over the moon about it or anything but it will be fun in the regular season seeing him beat up on Habs and Bruins.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Leadership.

We've signed every captain of every team available and everyone says it hasn't worked, if Reaves can do it I will be shocked.

I also don't think leadership is for sure an issue with the team. I find everyone can't fault the skill of the team so they just grasp at everything else and say "it must be that", when in reality, the cup is just REALLY hard to win.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
We've signed every captain of every team available and everyone says it hasn't worked, if Reaves can do it I will be shocked.

I also don't think leadership is for sure an issue with the team. I find everyone can't fault the skill of the team so they just grasp at everything else and say "it must be that", when in reality, the cup is just REALLY hard to win.

I remember people talking about Schenn planning a team dinner on the road, and hearing (I think it was maybe Keefe?) saying that they had never done that before and how good it was that the team was all together, instead of doing their own separate things.

I remember Thornton showing up in tic Toks with Matthews and Marner. Same with Marleau, but not with the rest of the team.

I remember ROR rumblings about not liking how things were handled, maybe he was talking about on the ice, but maybe he was talking about the lockerroom too.

And now Reaves talking about how the worst teams he’s ever been on have been cliquey and him talking about planning the parties and ‘making sure’ **everyone** is there.

That sounds to me like we got a bunch of captains who either didn’t like our room, or were part of the problem in other places they’ve been.

If Reaves can bring this team together, and the team goes all the way … IF he can …. And IF they do …. Give the man his god damn Conn Smyth

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I remember people talking about Schenn planning a team dinner on the road, and hearing (I think it was maybe Keefe?) saying that they had never done that before and how good it was that the team was all together, instead of doing their own separate things.

I remember Thornton showing up in tic Toks with Matthews and Marner. Same with Marleau, but not with the rest of the team.

I remember ROR rumblings about not liking how things were handled, maybe he was talking about on the ice, but maybe he was talking about the lockerroom too.

And now Reaves talking about how the worst teams he’s ever been on have been cliquey and him talking about planning the parties and ‘making sure’ **everyone** is there.

That sounds to me like we got a bunch of captains who either didn’t like our room, or were part of the problem in other places they’ve been.

If Reaves can bring this team together, and the team goes all the way … IF he can …. And IF they do …. Give the man his god damn Conn Smyth

If, ya.

I am just saying we've brought in like 20 people who are going to help with leadership, I am not sure Reaves is the answer.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If, ya.

I am just saying we've brought in like 20 people who are going to help with leadership, I am not sure Reaves is the answer.

Nothing is sure, obviously.

But this guy sounds different. Reaves sounds like he knows his worth off the ice is more valuable than on it.

“I can help make the players feel safe on the ice, I don’t play a lot of minutes, I don’t score a ton of goals, but I plan the parties and make sure everyone is there”

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
Dream revenge scenario for first game against Florida:

Domi, Bertuzzi and Reaves square off with Bennett, Tkachuk and Montour.

Reaves annihilates Bennett. Teaches him a lesson about choice and consequence.

We also whip their butt on the score sheet.

Gudas will have to be taught his lesson when we play the Ducks. Reaves can scream in his face after he punishes him.

It's all just natural law.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
If someone takes a run at our star player or levels a cheap shot at a teammate he will take that personally as a disrespect against him. That player knows Reaves has three seasons to find him and he will (like Wilson)
Exactly, Bennett and Tkachuk can still go around throwing borderline illegal hits but it'll feel different for them watching Barkov laying on the ice knocked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad