Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign D Oliver Ekman-Larsson (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, hard, fast fall.

If they can get close to good Brodie, Leafs win.
Brodie’s a perfect example of just how fast a D man can fall off a cliff, I doubt anyone thought he would drop like a rock, I know I didn’t expect it…….

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Could be a great pickup, could be this year’s Brodie? Scratch that, I got Lilly pegged as this year’s Brodie…….

Brodie was good 2.5 out of the 4 years here so depends on which one you’re thinking about.

Reactions: rumman

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Brodie’s a perfect example of just how fast a D man can fall off a cliff, I doubt anyone thought he would drop like a rock, I know I didn’t expect it…….

I don’t know how typical it is actually. A couple of years ago I noticed some funny hiccups in his defensive game and just said “we might need to monitor Brodie for some decline.” And then he went off a cliff.

But it also sounds like he’s been dealing with some serious real life issues. And honestly, when a D man falls off so dramatically, it’s more of a notable storyline than typical for most guys. Most guys gradually sink into obscurity but don’t become completely unplayable over a short period of time.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Guys usually fall off a cliff when they are older and come off major injuries. OEL playing a full season at a high level last year bodes well for us, but we will see how the next few years go. If he can stay healthy he can probably have no problem playing out his contract at a high level. Big if though…. But swapping Brodie out and bringing OEL in should have a massive impact for us. There is an element of addition by subtraction here, both with Brodie and Samsonov out. OEL and McCabe should complement each other very well.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Guys usually fall off a cliff when they are older and come off major injuries. OEL playing a full season at a high level last year bodes well for us, but we will see how the next few years go. If he can stay healthy he can probably have no problem playing out his contract at a high level. Big if though…. But swapping Brodie out and bringing OEL in should have a massive impact for us. There is an element of addition by subtraction here, both with Brodie and Samsonov out. OEL and McCabe should complement each other very well.
OEL will be very, very good for the Leafs.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Not saying this is why his play fell off but there was family stuff going on, his wife was diagnosed with a terminal illness. I have no idea how this guy could focus on playing a professional sport in front of 12k people every other night. I know my mind would be somewhere else.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Is bottom pairing "high level"?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1725756086882.png

1725756236863.png

So who was he playing with in Vancouver? That is one ugly looking group.

1725756373224.png

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Reilly, McCabe, Tanev definitely the top 3 on the Leafs.

OEL, Liljegren #4/#5.

Benoit #6.

Need one of OEL or Liljegren to become a #4 D.

If Liljegren develops into a #4 it will take a lot of pressure off of OEL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad