OT: Who has the best chicken wings in town?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
View attachment 907232View attachment 907233
Yup, I have cooked my fair share.

I have to say though, that Montana’s are still my favourite, except for these.

I love Tequila lime sauce though. Can pretty much drink it

However, as Drivesaitl mentioned, not much actual nutritional value
Yeah. not much to wings. My own "Wings" are basically chicken thighs. Finished with lime, garlic, hot sauce. That kind of thing. I prefer alternating indirect/direct heat to get these done to perfection. Sometimes a good chicken barbecue sauce is alright too.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lets see if i can remember- Wing Snob in Oliver. Tons of different flavors. Central Social Hall Texas dry rub wings are great, but pretty pricey. SFC Seoul Fried Chicken if you like Asian.
1st RND actually also has surprisingly good wings.

All I can remember. I'm sure there's more places.

A Wing Snob just opened on the southwest here, I’ll have to give them a whirl.

Someone mentioned Buffalo Wild Wing which I had once but were just ok, very tiny. I read they closed all their Canadian franchises recently.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Kind of expensive but for pure quality earls has the best wings.
It kind of made me laugh. One thing Wings should never be is expensive. For most of history wings were essentially free. Like Pork hocks and such anybody that wanted them could have them. Otherwise they were simply thrown away. Think about how many food chains don't even use the wings. KFC, or most fried chicken places don't even use em.

So that any place charging a lot for these should be knocked upside the head.

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It kind of made me laugh. One thing Wings should never be is expensive. For most of history wings were essentially free. Like Pork hocks and such anybody that wanted them could have them. Otherwise they were simply thrown away. Think about how many food chains don't even use the wings. KFC, or most fried chicken places don't even use em.

So that any place charging a lot for these should be knocked upside the head.

They used to be throw aways until some magnificent genius in Buffalo invented a dish that turns them into a culinary delight that meshes perfectly with watching sports.

So under the law of supply and demand chicken wings are now a prized food source up there with Wagyu beef.

Best wings I ever had were at Cooperstown, Alice Coopers old restaurant in downtown Phoenix followed by Zipps Sports Grill in Scottsdale.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They used to be throw aways until some magnificent genius in Buffalo invented a dish that turns them into a culinary delight that meshes perfectly with watching sports.

So under the law of supply and demand chicken wings are now a prized food source up there with Wagyu beef.

Best wings I ever had were at Cooperstown, Alice Coopers old restaurant in downtown Phoenix followed by Zipps Sports Grill in Scottsdale.
George Washington Carver is my culinary genius. Peanuts. Thats my snack food.

• Haha

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
George Washington Carver is my culinary genius. Peanuts. Thats my snack food.

I remember when Commonwealth pulled the peanuts. I knew the lawyer who was behind that, his kid was allergic so he ruined the fan experience for 40,000 other people.

Has anyone ever found a decent frozen wing in the grocery stores? They all seem to be crap.

They all have the texture like rubber.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
100%

I wish you could buy them retail.

Has anyone ever found a decent frozen wing in the grocery stores? They all seem to be crap.
Years ago that old super flea market had a truck selling frozen goods in the parking lot. They had a real good spicy breaded wing.

But they never had them again, so that kind of sucked.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Did you just google it, or is this your fav recipe?
Get a big sealable baggie. Put in your wings, add teriyaki sauce and Frank's hot sauce evenly until you can cover all the wings. Remove all the air, don't spill or over due it with the sauces. Put in the fridge, I do two or three bags when we buy Costco wings, can freeze some too. Next day set your grill to 325-350F or medium, flip 8-10 mins, cook until 165F. Eat them, dip in ranch or blue cheese if you want to. If you want it hotter change the ratio. Have also done maple syrup and hot sauce.

I will also season wings in a bag with lemon pepper or BBQ rubs, and cook the same way.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
View attachment 907232View attachment 907233
Yup, I have cooked my fair share.

I have to say though, that Montana’s are still my favourite, except for these.

I love Tequila lime sauce though. Can pretty much drink it

However, as Drivesaitl mentioned, not much actual nutritional value
Honestly, I think you may have to be banned. I love your posts but the visuals just leave me drooling. I almost can't stand it. :)

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Geez I just ordered 8 pieces from Montanas now through Door Dash lol. I must have low taste I love Pizza Hut Chicken bites. Sauce is so hot

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
A Wing Snob just opened on the southwest here, I’ll have to give them a whirl.

Someone mentioned Buffalo Wild Wing which I had once but were just ok, very tiny. I read they closed all their Canadian franchises recently.

I'm going to be in Edmonton in a few weeks. I'm going to check this place out. Pictures look good on the website.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad