Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign D Chris Tanev (6 years, $4.5M AAV)

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
So calm and cool. Really wish we got him in 21 vs Brodie who he went and replaced the same offseason we got Brodie from Calgary
tbh I wish we got both

instead of trading Kadri for Barrie, would've looked for brodie or tanev + a winger from calgary and then sign the other one

give them matching 5x4 and run a dcore of Rielly - Tanev, Muzzin - Brodie, Sandin - Holl/Liljegren for their contracts

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I was never crazy about obtaining Chris Tanev, not because he had bad habits or low IQ, when you'd see him he always seemed to be totally plugged on every shift. The problem I had with him was how often he got hurt, and how the injuries were varied and not chronic. In other words he seemed to be made of glass.

His play is really upper echelon, he skates much better than I thought he did, he has a great shot, he's smart, and I mean really smart and absolutely fearless. If he stays healthy the Leafs 1st pair should have a great year.

He and OEL have already made a positive difference in the Leafs end, both in how they defend and importantly how they get out.

It's early but this may be the best blueline, since the days of Macoun, Ellett, Gill, Mironov, Lefebvre, and Bobby Rouse

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I was never crazy about obtaining Chris Tanev, not because he had bad habits or low IQ, when you'd see him he always seemed to be totally plugged on every shift. The problem I had with him was how often he got hurt, and how the injuries were varied and not chronic. In other words he seemed to be made of glass.

His play is really upper echelon, he skates much better than I thought he did, he has a great shot, he's smart, and I mean really smart and absolutely fearless. If he stays healthy the Leafs 1st pair should have a great year.

He and OEL have already made a positive difference in the Leafs end, both in how they defend and importantly how they get out.

It's early but this may be the best blueline, since the days of Macoun, Ellett, Gill, Mironov, Lefebvre, and Bobby Rou

He was pretty much Lupul on D before signing with Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad