GDT: Leafs @ Sharks - 10:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
jesus that wasn't a powerplay that was hot potato pass it on.

I think they’re playing this way because of the way they record possession. Why else do you need excessive puck touches and complete passes when there are perfectly ok shooting opportunities.

What they need is a heat map of time spent with the puck between the dots.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Can we take Matthews off the point? I don't care that he scored from there today. It's f***ing stupid. Matthews on the left wall, Nylander on the right, keep it simple stupid
And Gio on the point - you absolutely need a shooting threat there. Oppo PKs collapse so deep when Rielly has it. Nothing to fear

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Matthews at the point worked just the previous PP, not sure why they didn't go there this time. Rielly killed 30 seconds on his own. Special teams as a whole hasn't been good.

It’s almost Halloween and Matthews has 2 goals. That’s enough to tell me he shouldn’t be the point man.

• Haha
Reactions: TMLeafer

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I think they’re playing this way because of the way they record possession. Why else do you need excessive puck touches and complete passes when there are perfectly ok shooting opportunities.

What they need is a heat map of time spent with the puck between the dots.
I dunno tbh just its abysmall atm lol

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The constant turnovers in the defensive zone have to be concerning.

Also, one would have thought after tying the game, they would have put the pedal to the metal and steamrolled this opponent... yea... not so much I guess.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
We've definitely picked up the pace here but some of those defensive zone lapses can just kill you in an instant.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The constant turnovers in the defensive zone have to be concerning.

Also, one would have thought after tying the game, they would have put the pedal to the metal and steamrolled this opponent... yea... not so much I guess.

We keep expecting it, but maybe they just don’t have that gear?

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
West coast road trip, get any points you can and get out.

It's always like that. Take it and run.

Yeah, I know the Leafs haven't looked great so far this season, but that's the general game plan. I'll take a point, would love 2, move on to the next game.

We're not gonna suck all season (unless we do, but not getting on that train yet)

Reactions: Menzinger

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Than k you källgren for keeping us in!!!! :clap: pray for Lord. Källgren and our spirit is the one keeping us in the season and game. The sharks have OUTSHOT US. amazing Amazon. Jugnle. Jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad