GDT: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Attachments

• 1727186141369.png
    1727186141369.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Would like to see a Stolarz-Murray tandem today.

Reminder that Murray hasn’t played in since April 2023 and had major hip surgery.

It’s going to take him a while to get going, longer than our other goalies

He’s an interesting story to watch. Not ready to toss him on the scrap heap just yet, not by a long shot.

Reactions: banks

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Reminder that Murray hasn’t played in since April 2023 and had major hip surgery.

He’s an interesting story to watch. Not ready to toss him on the scrap heap just yet, not by a long shot.
I imagine we will see one of the Marlie goalies get half a game.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Murray played last game

I think the point of the post is that Murray had a rough outing last game because he has had no games and is coming off of major surgery, and that we should expect he will need a lot of time to get up and running.

Reactions: LeafSteel

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
I think our squads age showed the first period. Everyone had fresh legs to start the game, and all the young guys were going full out, giving very little time to do anything with the puck. Our team could only manage 2 shots and all we did was dump the puck in to have younger legs disrupt.

As the game went on, and guys got tired, the skilled players started showing their edge, big difference in the 2nd and 3rd, suddenly we had puck control.

The coach said we were not fast enough in the 1st period, I just don't think a finesse game is going to do when legs are fresh on the opposite end. We need to be faster, and save the fancy stuff for later periods. Can't even remember seeing AM in the first, he certainly did not stand out from the pack.

Maybe it has something to do with the anticipation and 1st game jitters, the raw raw attitude works great for football and rugby, but for hockey you need to hit the ice level headed. Once things start going wrong, if you are too pumped and hyped up you are only going to get down on yourself. Level headedness lets you jump to an extra gear if you need it.

This is going to be a great test to see if they can adjust.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Cowan should be playing in almost every pre-season game to test him out.

Also that defense is really really... poor. I'm hoping Rifai stands out.

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Probably better if he doesn’t look too good in the preseason, might have a chance of clearing waivers then……..

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Yes, surprising not to see Niemela. ALso, Chadwick was on the roster for last game but didn't see any ice. Likely the case for someone in the D tonight too.

Yikes, now that's a pre-season lineup. :laugh:

Expecting lots of energy and not much else.
The only thing you can take away is how the cusp players look. Excited to see how Cowan, Grebenkin, Nylander, and Hildeby look.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’ll be surprised if we don’t win this one

I expected last game to be like last game, minutes the shot attempts through the first 30 minutes for us

We have the ahl/players to prove something now, so we probably go much harder this game.

Interested to see Cowan, Grebyenkin, stolarz, hildeby.

As others have pointed out, no Niemela is surprising, is he hurt?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
"Play the Kids"

Looking forward to see if any of our youngsters are ready to push for a regular spot.

Hats off to Greb who dropped the gloves last game to show he is literally and physically willing to fight for a Leafs spot.

Hoping Cowan has a strong showing also to move forward with the big squad.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
"Play the Kids"

Looking forward to see if any of our youngsters are ready to push for a regular spot.

Hats off to Greb who dropped the gloves last game to show he is literally and physically willing to fight for a Leafs spot.

Hoping Cowan has a strong showing also to move forward with the big squad.

Doesn't seem like Berube got the memo of "Play the kids"

Playing Shaw, A, Nylander, Myers and Mermis over Kokkonen, Niemela, Abruzzese, Villeneuve, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad