GDT: Leafs@Sabres 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
It would be nice for a good game in front of Sparks today, but knowing the Leafs (and this being a back-to-back), they'll leave him out to dry again and he'll give up more goals than what reflects his overall play in the game.
lol Sparks isn't a victim here... if you have the gull to call out your team, you better back it up with a very good game.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Improving a positional weakness is not the same as throwing someone under the bus, but to answer your question I think Dubas has to spend on a backup if he’s got his own future as a GM in mind. Whether he spends with straight cash or whether he trades picks/prospects for a capable backup he simple cannot bring this tire fire back for another year

Imagine you future as a GM depends on signing the 'right ' backup goalie...

Reactions: al secord

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Imagine you future as a GM depends on signing the 'right ' backup goalie...
  1. Burke is known for trading Seguin and hamilton for Kessel
  2. JFJ is known for trading consecutive 1sts for Raycroft and Toskala
Dubas in the future could be known as the guy who gambled on Sparks and crippled his team because of it, in addition to overpaying every young player up for a contract renewal

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dubas in the future could be known as the guy who gambled on Sparks and crippled his team because of it, in addition to overpaying every young player up for a contract renewal
I don't think any GM has run into big trouble over the backup goalie or retaining their top young players. Dubas is the guy who got Tavares

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Everytime I think the main board can't get any more toxic my expectations are lowered even further. The Dahlin thread is pages of flaming and bashing Leaf fans. Toxic. Just makes me want to stop coming here.

It's been open season for like 10 years lol. Clown Bruins fans with their tank nation avatars, etc...

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
If we lose, it'll be the first time this season we lost 3 straight in regulation.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

More likely he will be remembered as the GM that built the softest, skilled team to never win a SC.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
lol Sparks isn't a victim here... if you have the gull to call out your team, you better back it up with a very good game.

Well he's figured out the reason why he sucks... he;s not angry... prepare for the second incarnation of Hextall tonight.

Stupid back up goalie says the dumbest thing in Leaf history and expects to be taken seriously. Next time someone asks him a question, his response should be " .... I'm only here for the free buffet, I have no opinion."

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
as bad as Sparks has been, it's not like the team has done him any favours. They've gotten 8 goals in his last 6 starts. You can't expect many wins from your backup goalie if you give him that kind of goal support

Reactions: illusory

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

That's a bit hyperbolic don't you think?

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I think its gonna be a big game for the guys. they will show up and get some confidents back by obliterating this sabre team. Eichel will get his point or 2 of course Mathews with at least a goal + how many assists will gets goals im guessing a 6-3 win for the leafs

Reactions: Mugzy97

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
When will this idiot of a coach try some new lines?! They couldn't be more stagnant!

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander
Petan - Kadri - Kapenan
Moore - Marleau - Brown

Reilly - Zaitsev
Muzzin - Holl
Marincin - Hainsey

:):):):)

Reactions: supermann_98

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Everytime I think the main board can't get any more toxic my expectations are lowered even further. The Dahlin thread is pages of flaming and bashing Leaf fans. Toxic. Just makes me want to stop coming here.

My suggestion is to ignore the main boards. Just treat it as a joke and don’t allow the trolls to get to you. That’s all I can say as I’ll get an infraction if I told you how I really feel about that place. Lol.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

member 262271

This has been a disappointing season to me. Only thing that can salvage this is a series win. There have been some individual career highs, but as a team, I can't say they have improved at all. They very likely don't even get to last season's point total, and still far away from home ice advantage in the first round. Lots of work to be done in the summer.
Not trying to be a defeatist, but I think home ice advantage against Boston of all teams for an inexperienced (relatively) team is a bit of a lofty goal. Talking about a cup window is problematic, I still think it's several years away.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
When will this idiot of a coach try some new lines?! They couldn't be more stagnant!

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander
Petan - Kadri - Kapenan
Moore - Marleau - Brown

Reilly - Zaitsev
Muzzin - Holl
Marincin - Hainsey

:):):):)
Babs will be fired before he ever gives extended time to a Matthews-Marner or Tavares-Nylander combinations.

His own fault really. Look at what Nick Nurse does with the Raptors ... I think he's tried out every conceivable lineup combination so when injuries happen and when the matchup dictates he can make changes on the fly.

Babs has zero flexibility or outside the box thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crysis

member 262271

My suggestion is to ignore the main boards. Just treat it as a joke and don’t allow the trolls to get to you. That’s all I can say as I’ll get an infraction if I told you how I really feel about that place. Lol.
Holy SHIT is this the certified confirmed account of the Spring Samauri!?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
This has been a disappointing season to me. Only thing that can salvage this is a series win. There have been some individual career highs, but as a team, I can't say they have improved at all. They very likely don't even get to last season's point total, and still far away from home ice advantage in the first round. Lots of work to be done in the summer.

They are only 2 points behind last year with one less game to go at this point, so it's likely they end up with less points. I wouldn't call it a disappointing season yet. I'll reserve that for once the playoffs are over, not after a stretch of bad play.

Reactions: Mugzy97

Jun 27, 2005

The main boards are brutal because ****** like Zeke create 20 page threads "proving" that Matthews is better than McDavid using P/60 stats. It's moronic but it's Homer Nations fault and we have to live with it.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
as bad as Sparks has been, it's not like the team has done him any favours. They've gotten 8 goals in his last 6 starts. You can't expect many wins from your backup goalie if you give him that kind of goal support
Especially when you've given up 23.

Keep liking ANY post that takes a shot at Andersen and simultaneously polish this turd. Odd how agendas get people in the strangest positions.

Let's hope Sparks can cobble together a decent start, he needs it after opening his yap.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Especially when you've given up 23.

Keep liking ANY post that takes a shot at Andersen and simultaneously polish this turd. Odd how agendas get people in the strangest positions.

Let's hope Sparks can cobble together a decent start, he needs it after opening his yap.
I literally said Sparks has been bad, so not sure what you're talking about. If you want to assign positions to me that I don't actually hold, you may as well put me on ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad