GDT: Leafs@Sabres 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Our stars will all be well rested for the playoffs.

No wearing out guys to get home ice in Round 1. They should be totally rested for Round 2, wherever they watch it from.

Reactions: supermann_98

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I would like nothing more then for Sparks to back up his talk. But I simply question his ability. I mean he's not done anything to suggest he's going to suddenly be good and that he wasn't trying as hard earlier.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would like nothing more then for Sparks to back up his talk. But I simply question his ability. I mean he's not done anything to suggest he's going to suddenly be good and that he wasn't trying as hard earlier.

Yes, but it would be entertaining if he gets shelled, allowing a couple of softies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
well he has actually been pretty good at stopping dangerous chances, he's just let in a lot of softies. Maybe he can clean that part of his game up and become a good goalie

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Warning hyperbole

I think Sparks should try less hard.

Stop trying to go to every shot and let the shots come to him.

At least that way he actually might be in position for a second shot.

Attacking the shooter isn't bad per se but when you attack so hard you're closer to the face-off circle than your crease nothing good is going to come of it.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Our stars will all be well rested for the playoffs.

No wearing out guys to get home ice in Round 1. They should be totally rested for Round 2, wherever they watch it from.

Bruins should also be rested. If it comes down to who wants it more, I do not like our chances.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Everytime I think the main board can't get any more toxic my expectations are lowered even further. The Dahlin thread is pages of flaming and bashing Leaf fans. Toxic. Just makes me want to stop coming here.

Reactions: MyBudJT

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think I am getting to that point if I am honest lol. It's hard though because I want to keep up to date on things happening around the league.

I admit I've probably been there a couple dozen times over 20 years.

I wouldn't go there looking for Leafs content though.

Have lots of non-Leafs friends I can talk hockey with, but they're adults so usually intelligent conversations.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Everytime I think the main board can't get any more toxic my expectations are lowered even further. The Dahlin thread is pages of flaming and bashing Leaf fans. Toxic. Just makes me want to stop coming here.
I don't mind it, but then of course the same people turn around an act like victims when Leafs fans say something they don't like. it's the same group of loser fans who cheer against the Leafs more than for their own teams

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It would be nice for a good game in front of Sparks today, but knowing the Leafs (and this being a back-to-back), they'll leave him out to dry again and he'll give up more goals than what reflects his overall play in the game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
pretty sure there was a Barkov thread that turned into a full-on bash Matthews thread a couple months ago. I called it out and got infracted. I love how it works over there.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
If you look at both NYI and Toronto... just the players on paper. You'd never imagine that they'd have the same number of points in 73 games played...

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Would be very telling if the team lays another egg in terms of effort and let’s Sparks hang out to dry.

The guy just isn’t NHL material and he’s calling out his team. I know the whole team has been trash lately but that ballsy for a rookie goalie with the terrible stats he has.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
On the team as in the Leafs roster? I’ll take that bet. If the Marlies count I won’t because I think he’ll be back on the marlies (or outta town)
So you think Dubas throws Sparks under the bus and spends money on a backup ?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
So you think Dubas throws Sparks under the bus and spends money on a backup ?
Improving a positional weakness is not the same as throwing someone under the bus, but to answer your question I think Dubas has to spend on a backup if he’s got his own future as a GM in mind. Whether he spends with straight cash or whether he trades picks/prospects for a capable backup he simple cannot bring this tire fire back for another year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad