Value of: Leafs Prospect Swaps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Could you rename this thread three dimes for a dollar? Thanks

As I said I have no problem paying a higher total cost for one prospect who is more desirable.

To your analogy, three nickles for one dime!

Mr Hockey*

dunno why lindberg is on this list, kid has a lot of potential. 6'3" scores and is an elite skater. :dunno::whatever:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Clarkson isn't enough deadweight for Werenski. Think Dustin Brown.

Bolland with 3 years @ 5.5 just cost an 11th overall pick.
Clarkson has 4 years left @5.25.

columbus doesnt move him without a dubois, werenski or maybe milano (if they are lucky) attached

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

columbus doesnt move him without a dubois, werenski or maybe milano (if they are lucky) attached

That's extreme.
Both of those players are significantly better prospects than Crouse.
Crouse will be a fine player but he was a reach at 11 IMHO.

I could see Milano getting stapled to Clarkson in a trade but there is no way the other two will.
In reality, the Panthers did the move to free up space because their window just opened and they're going for it. The Jackets aren't anywhere near that level.

That would be like the Leafs adding Kapanen to Lupul just to move his last two years, when we can afford to keep him on the roster.

Wrong team, wrong time, wrong prospects.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
That's extreme.

I could see Milano getting stapled to Clarkson in a trade but there is no way the other two will.
In reality, the Panthers did the move to free up space because their window just opened and they're going for it. The Jackets aren't anywhere near that level.

That would be like the Leafs adding Kapanen to Lupul just to move his last two years, when we can afford to keep him on the roster.

Agree that Dubois and Werenski are better prospects than Crouse, but Crouse was widely considered to be a top 10 pick on draft day, some even had him getting into the top 5 and pushing out Marner

I agree with your point though, CLB could get rid of Clarkson with something less than Dubois/Werenski. Not sure if Milano gets it done, but picks probably would

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

No, it cost them Crouse who happened to be an 11th pick over a year ago. Bringing up names like Dubois and Werenski is taking it too far, those are foundational pieces as opposed to just good prospects - no GM in their right mind would give them up to dump money.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
That's extreme.

Crouse definitely wasn't a reach. Where he went was about right, given what we knew at the time. The only player who I thought would have gone before Crouse and didn't was Barzal. In hindsight, one could say that other players should have been taken, but what can you do.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Crouse definitely wasn't a reach. Where he went was about right, given what we knew at the time. The only player who I thought would have gone before Crouse and didn't was Barzal. In hindsight, one could say that other players should have been taken, but what can you do.

I think I was really low on him because I had this irrational fear that because he was huge, the Leafs would have taken him at 4. I had the same gut-wrenching feeling with Richie. :laugh:

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Purely out of curiosity, can you name 3 RHD prospects you'd trade Nylander for?

Colton Parayko
Julius Honka
Ryan Pulock

Not all one for one, but these are players I'd engage in meaningful discussion on. That list is in order of interest fwiw.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
No, it cost them Crouse who happened to be an 11th pick over a year ago. Bringing up names like Dubois and Werenski is taking it too far, those are foundational pieces as opposed to just good prospects - no GM in their right mind would give them up to dump money.

To be fair, it wasnt just Crouse and Bolland in that trade.

The value was Conditional 2nd round pick + 3rd round pick for Crouse and Bolland.

So Crouse is seen as being worth a 2nd+ a 3rd + the negative cost of Bolland. Thats still some pretty darn good value.

Also, an extra year on Clarksons contract, and roughly equal money.
So id say the value may be off, but not by a ton.

Maybe its a conditional 1st + 3rd for Debois/Werenski and Clarkson not retained.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Colton Parayko
Julius Honka
Ryan Pulock

Not all one for one, but these are players I'd engage in meaningful discussion on. That list is in order of interest fwiw.

I'll give you Colton Parayko but the other two aren't near enough to make me consider trading Nylander.
In fact, in Pulock's case, the plus added to him would have to be as or more valuable than himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad