Value of: Leafs Prospect Swaps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Any teams looking to make a prospect swap?

I could see the Leafs making a move or two before training camp.

They have a pretty decent slate of guys who will be fighting for NHL time, who I could see being in a package. (2 or 3 for 1 type deals)

Preferably a D or G, willing to take a deal that favor the other team a bit to get the team a bit less jammed.

-Lindberg
-Holland
-Leivo
-Leipisic
-Holl
-Loov

I think the 3 wingers all have top 6 potential if they pan out, likely top 9 guys with very different playing styles.
Holland is a competent C who can spot play as a 3C if you have injuries, but plays decent on the W.
Holl had a decent AHL season for a young guy, and Loov has impressed a decent amount.

Basically im wondering if a team with some empty cupboards would trade a good prospect for a few slightly lesser prospects who still have potential.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Basically im wondering if a team with some empty cupboards would trade a good prospect for a few slightly lesser prospects who still have potential.

Doubt it. Name the teams.

IMO I can see a dump attached to a prospects for a handful of lesser prospects... like Bolland + Crouse for your lesser prospects.

Want Clarkson back?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I hope OP realizes this thread is going to be (especially since he will lose the deal) people offering their bottom pairing potential D for top 6 F prospects.

We need top pairing prospects.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Most teams won't have bare enough cuboards for this to make sense, each "slightly lesser prospect" added to the deal will have less value because of room.

Exception to this idea might be Vegas next summer. Non existent prospect pool with more players than they need.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

They have a pretty decent slate of guys who will be fighting for NHL time, who I could see being in a package. (2 or 3 for 1 type deals)

Preferably a D or G, willing to take a deal that favor the other team a bit to get the team a bit less jammed.

-Lindberg
-Holland
-Leivo
-Leipisic
-Holl
-Loov

I think the 3 wingers all have top 6 potential if they pan out, likely top 9 guys with very different playing styles.
Holland is a competent C who can spot play as a 3C if you have injuries, but plays decent on the W.
Holl had a decent AHL season for a young guy, and Loov has impressed a decent amount.

Leivo won't go in a prospect deal. He's ready for the show. Great AHL playoffs and they had to send him down last year in the regular season because he was screwing up our tank scoring goals...

He's had a good off-season by all accounts (2 year 1-way deal)...he figures to be in the clubs plans.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I hope OP realizes this thread is going to be (especially since he will lose the deal) people offering their bottom pairing potential D for top 6 F prospects.

The problem there is that nobody is going to offer a top-pairing D prospect for anything but a very top line forward prospect. Unless it's a player with a very complete game or one who is physically intimidating, a "top 6" forward prospect will probably return a defender with flaws, question marks, and a ceiling closer to a #4.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

-Lindberg
-Holland
-Leivo
-Leipisic
-Holl
-Loov

Almost every franchise has those "maybe top six potential but likely top nine guys if they pan out" prospects.

And with the uncertainty of ALL prospects panning out, I really doubt any team would knowingly trade a better prospect for a couple other lesser ones.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Almost every franchise has those "maybe top six potential but likely top nine guys if they pan out" prospects.

And with the uncertainty of ALL prospects panning out, I really doubt any team would knowingly trade a better prospect for a couple other lesser ones.

Hey! Everyone collectively lost their mind on August 15th for one of those guys! We have like eight of them, we're rich!

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
The hawks could use some like Levio. Maybe swap Svedberg for Levio. IE borderline LW NHL Waiver player for a borderline LD waiver player. Svedberg is probably going to #7 or #8 D on the team or be sent to AHL and has to clear waivers.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Want top-pairing D? Offer one of your top3 prospect, otherwise few team will bite...

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I'd be interested in Leivo for Mayfield. Something around there.

Pre re-signing Polak and nabbing Zaitsev I'd have been down, but nowhere for him to play.

Edit: Actually whynot. If Leivo isn't making team and we carry 8D I think Mayfield has a much better chance of earning a spot longterm then Corrado. Spot games and injury duty through the season until Polak and Hunwick are moved.

Last edited:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Maybe I'm way off, but I think with Murray's big time emergence Pittsburgh could have some interest in something around Leipsic+ for Jarry?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Calgary has Kulak and Hickey. Both possibly very good defenders but behind Andersson and Kylington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad