Post-Game Talk: Leafs of Olde get stomped by bottom feeder : 6-2 CLB

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Discussions of pace can have some value when you have a good size sample, but extrapolating 7 games to 82 isn’t really one of those instances.
Early results and as more data is available better larger sample sizes will become available.

Nylander and Marner are tied in points after 7 games both on PPG pace.. Nylander has however scored 5 goals to Marner's 1 and Willy is a +5 +/- where Marner is a -2 +/- at present.

1729701221485.png

Remember Marner want's to get paid MORE than Nylander on his next deal and early stats DON'T support that.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Although it wasn’t his fault last night, can someone tell me why Reaves is on the team? One excuse for the team being bandied about is they were tired. Wtf was Reaves’ excuse for bringing zero energy?

And ffs, get rid of Holmberg. I’m getting tired of his boneheaded plays and then looks skyward after the inevitable goal that follows.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Yes, he does have that ring so by definition he's a "winner" but there's a whole lot of failure on both sides of that one run where all the stars apparently aligned.
Pretty much all winners are the stars aligning, and surrounded by a whole lot of "failures" on both sides.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Although it wasn’t his fault last night, can someone tell me why Reaves is on the team? One excuse for the team being bandied about is they were tired. Wtf was Reaves’ excuse for bringing zero energy?

And ffs, get rid of Holmberg. I’m getting tired of his boneheaded plays and then looks skyward after the inevitable goal that follows.

Reaves is there so no one takes runs at our players.

For example, last night Tavares and Holmberg were both hit pretty hard, but that wouldn't have happened if Reaves was playing.

Holmberg has had some good games and has upside to his game, he is also PKing a lot, I don't think he is going anywhere and Berube likes him it appears.

Reactions: Gallagbi

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Reaves is there so no one takes runs at our players.

For example, last night Tavares and Holmberg were both hit pretty hard, but that wouldn't have happened if Reaves was playing.

Holmberg has had some good games and has upside to his game, he is also PKing a lot, I don't think he is going anywhere and Berube likes him it appears.
Please tell me the bolded is sarcasm. He’s preventing no such thing.

Reactions: Cypruss

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Please tell me the bolded is sarcasm. He’s preventing no such thing.

It is just the talking point of him being in the lineup, I know he played last night and stopped nothing, just like usual.

He's useless but somehow people think he is a deterrent.

Ideally, he'd be sent down and only hurt us on the cap instead of the cap and the ice, but our coach and GM seem to like watching him suck and drag the team down.

I actually don't think Berube likes Reaves all that much.

Reactions: Fogelhund

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
Anyone who watched the games against the Blue Jackets can see this guy is not even an AHL goatlender. Couldn't stop a beach ball, juicy rebounds that would make NBA players jealous, and just looks shaky on every shot - even the simple ones.

We need to get this sorted right away. Thoughts?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's a bonafide AHL goalie dumbass, he put up a .913 last year as an AHL rookie in 41 games. And no shit he's not an NHL level goalie just yet, he just turned 23 and has only played one year in North America. I don't like to swear at other posters but you genuinely deserve it. This place is awful when this team loses and barely tolerable when it wins

Reactions: arso40

IronHookem

Nov 8, 2023
He wasn't great, but the team in front of him did him no favors last night. As I said yesterday, if Woll wasn't made of styrofoam, we would've not needed to rely on him as our backup, but here we are.

Also, he is 23 years old, give it a little more time than 2 games in the NHL before you consider him a bust.

Reactions: arso40

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Not really relevant to this discussion but I like to point in any comparison between the Caps and Leafs that in the entirety of the Ovechkin era in Washington they have gotten past the 2nd round exactly once.

Yes, he does have that ring so by definition he's a "winner" but there's a whole lot of failure on both sides of that one run where all the stars apparently aligned.
That is all.
Did Backstorm, Kuz, Carlson, and Wilson played with Ovie from the very beginning like AM, MM, JT, Willie and Reilly?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Anyone who watched the games against the Blue Jackets can see this guy is not even an AHL goatlender. Couldn't stop a beach ball, juicy rebounds that would make NBA players jealous, and just looks shaky on every shot - even the simple ones.

My thought is you have no clue what you're talking about.

Based on that one game sample size, Matthews isn't an NHL player.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

So, this is the first time you've ever heard of Hildeby? First time you've ever watched him?

This hot take, is beyond terrible.

Dennis Hildeby Named To AHL All-Star Classic​

Last edited:

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
So, this is the first time you've ever heard of Hildeby? First time you've ever watched him?

This hot take, is beyond terrible.

Dennis Hildeby Named To AHL All-Star Classic​

Do you even watch the games or even hockey in general? Hildeby was absolute trash that game

He's a bonafide AHL goalie dumbass, he put up a .913 last year as an AHL rookie in 41 games. And no shit he's not an NHL level goalie just yet, he just turned 23 and has only played one year in North America. I don't like to swear at other posters but you genuinely deserve it. This place is awful when this team loses and barely tolerable when it wins
Elite goalies by the time they hit 23 are ready for primetime. No need to get angry and start name calling bud. Relax, Hildeby sucked yesterday and he'll suck again the next time he plays. We need to do better as a franchise. Lets not resort to attacking each other and maintain our composure. You're better than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad