Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Columbus Defense > Leafs Offense
Torts > Keefe
BJ Goalies > Andersen

These are all things many saw going in. I assumed the Leafs Offense would overcome their Defense though, never happened obviously.
Keefe should be taking some large heat as well. His effort seems to be largely ignored

Goalies should have been advantage Leafs, no? Considering Fred is making 5M a year and the Columbus goalies make 2M, tops, combined?

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
They are all split up and on different teams.
Teams that are balanced better.
The top 9 defensive teams are still playing. The bottom 10 aren’t. Where do we fall?
52 mil on forwards, 15 mil on D.
Find a way to get a bunch of cheap prospects/picks for Marner and try and sign Pietrangelo. Extra bonus if we win the lottery today.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think you look at moving Kap while his value is still high. I would also look at a 1a/1b goalie situation next year and move andersen. Can't see them re-signing him.
Ceci gone, Marty gone, Lehtonen in...... and one of Nylander/Marner need to go. Marner is about 3-4 mill overpaid

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
For the first time in his tenure, Kyle Dubas gets to go into the offseason not having to figure out how to navigate around a Lamoriello blunder and can just focus on the team he wants to build. Trying to be positive :)

Sure Lou left him a couple of hand grenades and he pulled the pin and let them blow up in his face. He could have played hardball with Marleau and Marner but he chose to play buddy-buddy. He is as soft as his team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
They are all split up and on different teams.
Teams that are balanced better.
The top 9 defensive teams are still playing. The bottom 10 aren’t. Where do we fall?
52 mil on forwards, 15 mil on D.

We need to make those tough decisions but it has to be done correctly and patiently.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think you look at moving Kap while his value is still high. I would also look at a 1a/1b goalie situation next year and move andersen. Can't see them re-signing him.
Ceci gone, Marty gone, Lehtonen in...... and one of Nylander/Marner need to go. Marner is about 3-4 mill overpaid

Lehtonen has not played a game in the NHL. What makes you think he is not another Rosen/Borgman. God help us if he is another Oz.

Reactions: Rob Brown

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Sure Lou left him a couple of hand grenades and he pulled the pin and let them blow up in his face. He could have played hardball with Marleau and Marner but he chose to play buddy-buddy. He is as soft as his team.

Perhaps - I think he has this year to turn it around. And I don't think the team is soft, but there's definitely a character issue. They won't go into the trenches and battle. Too many of them

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
For the first time in his tenure, Kyle Dubas gets to go into the offseason not having to figure out how to navigate around a Lamoriello blunder and can just focus on the team he wants to build. Trying to be positive :)
hang onto that thread my friend...............

upload_2020-8-10_9-54-53.jpeg

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Perhaps - I think he has this year to turn it around. And I don't think the team is soft, but there's definitely a character issue. They won't go into the trenches and battle. Too many of them

Sadly I agree they will give Dubas another year. I just hope he learned from what he saw on the ice.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lehtonen has not played a game in the NHL. What makes you think he is not another Rosen/Borgman. God help us if he is another Oz.
He does have better pedigree than those names. Even still, really tough to rate him when he has not played a game for us yet.

Reactions: ToneDog

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If we can trade the following players and their cap, we can make some meaningful additions:

Ceci
Barrie
Clifford
Kapanen
Mango
Nylander

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Who knows what he'll be but I'm betting it's an upgrade on Ceci/Marty

Add Barrie and Holl but that is not setting the bar high. He needs to sign at least one UFA RHD (Tanev ??). And for those that say he is glass, what you say about Muzzin ?? Broken wrist, foot and neck injury this year. Tanev is still playing.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
at least we have a chance for Lafreniere and then we could afford to trade a top forward for a top defenseman maybe even two.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
at least we have a chance for Lafreniere and then we could afford to trade a top forward for a top defenseman maybe even two.
We're in a spot where we need to move out one of the big 4 regardless. The wings just weren't good enough this playoffs

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Keefe wasn't great this series, but I don't think it matters.

I remember saying with Babcock and with Keefe, you can't coach heart, you can't coach determination. I think this team didn't play for babcock (near the end) the way they wouldn't play for any coach. We kept seeing the same stuff that would happen under Babs. Slow starts, questionable effort. I feel for keefe, maybe he's sympathizing with Babcock right now lol.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Gladly, I couldn't watch the game yesterday. Had a family outing.

But I did follow the play on my phone. Everybody around me knew I was really focused on the game - and for most the time when they ask me how it's going - I said we're down 1-0 but there is lots of time left. None of them are hockey fans. But they mostly know the drill about the leafs.

Once we lost the ribbing began, "his team can never win", "they always say next year", "1967!", "never learn", "what was the score again? lolz". They tell me these things like it's funny, and to explain to me what a lost cause it is, like I never heard it before.

Trust me, I've heard it too man times.

I wonder how many people at work will tell me the leafs lost and all the same crap.

I'm sick of this. year in year out. same crap. We should have beat Boston the last two years. How can we not score a goal on Columbus!? how?

I tell myself, now that the leafs are out, I will cheer for other teams. Let's go Canes and Avs.
But not really. there is no emotion. no connection. no feeling. I will probably not watch any games.

Go Jerks. :( Go Kadri. :(

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Keefe wasn't great this series, but I don't think it matters.

I remember saying with Babcock and with Keefe, you can't coach heart, you can't coach determination. I think this team didn't play for babcock (near the end) the way they wouldn't play for any coach. We kept seeing the same stuff that would happen under Babs. Slow starts, questionable effort. I feel for keefe, maybe he's sympathizing with Babcock right now lol.
plenty questioned Babcock not making adjustments, Keefe made adjustments to no avail..............

coaching ain't the problem............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark