Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose Rematch to the Devils.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I missed the game, but noticed Nylander had 0 points. How was he looking tonight? He might choke away getting 100 points this season.
he was great, snake bit, he'll break through soon enough - had a bunch of grade A chances and break aways

Reactions: LDN

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I thought Marner was pretty terrible tonight. Still working himself back, so not really worried about it... but he was trash.

Nylander is clearly frustrated. Trying to do too much on his own imo. Needs to simplify.

Tavares' best game in weeks. Where did that come from?

Matthews is fun. 68. Never in my life did I ever expect to see a Leaf score like that. Cool, but really want that cup!

Thought Rielly was more engaged in the offensive zone that recently as well, which is good.

That group of 6 D sucked. I never want to see that group again. Turnovers, beaten along the boards, beaten all over the ice. Fckn Timmy needs to start taking his vitamins man, we need him healthy.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It would be great if we could get above .700 goaltending in a game when we're chasing home ice. Also these last 3 games better be spent figuring out our powerplay and penalty kill. Try something different for f***s sake.
As long as Keefe is the head coach, our PP and Pk will be trash.

Our Leafs need a new voice in the dressing room and behind the bench. We've seen the assistant coaches changed more than diapers, and the common denominator is Sheldon Keefe.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That game was 95% samsonov. He was god f***ing awful, add those 2 points to the collection of points samsonov has cost us

we need to learn how to kill a f***ing penalty, florida gonna feast on us

end the nylander on L3 experiment, it failed yet again, F. swap him and McMatthews, pray that marner and nylander together lights something in nylander otherwise it's gonna be a quick series

L1 stays the same, lyubushkin and gio shouldn't be in our lineups come playoffs

f*** that game f***ing sucked. Haven't felt this pissed after a game in a few years

It was 100% Samsonov, I know Gio caused the 2nd goal, I don't care 5 out of 6 should have been stopped

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
man we are so f***ed in net

woll's not ready, samsonov is way too shit, and jones is not good
It's not great, and a goalie in the summer is looking like a real possibility.

But in that Ottawa game, where Woll stood on his head and was injured, he likely would've run with it had he not been hurt, so that's why I'd give 2 of the next 3 as the last bid to start in game 1.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think there is a pretty good chance that Benoit is not starting game 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: arso40

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Did anyone get injured? No? Bonus
Did players returning from injury and scratches play like crap? Yes.
Did Sammy have an off game? Sure.
Does it matter 2 weeks from now? F No
Did we witness History tonight? F Yes.

Positives: Tavares is scoring again. Matthews is still scoring. Nicky Bobby scored despite 1 inch offside call. Even though Marner had some giveaways, he’s starting to get a bit of swagger back.

A humbling game before the playoffs isn’t a bad thing. Keeps them honest.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
You gonna eat those words when we meet them in the ECF. Lol.
Well I guess if we can get to playing Boston we'll be fine, because the evil one has been espousing their downfall since December

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Just noticed, we are now tied for the 2nd highest scoring team in the league just 3 behind the lead
Will be interesting to see, after the playoffs are over, which team had the greatest drop in goals per game from the regular season to the playoffs... If I am not mistaken, our drop is always the or close to the most significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad