Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
All these side of the net goal line shots... JUST SHOOT THE F'IN PUCK ON NET AND GO INTO THE DIRTY AREA TO GET THE REBOUND.

They've been playing different of late. Outside shots, little work in front and the D has been less physical.

Add sub par goaltending and a lost PP, and this team is constantly running uphill.

Eric Bungay

Jun 30, 2018
All things considered Gally didn't look bad or out place in the 2 periods I seen... But Anderson wow hope soupy is ready to go for tomorrow!!!!
I'm calling it now Leafs to catch fire tomorrow gonna score 6 goals !!!

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Not sure if anyone else noticed but it’s bothers me how non chalent they are on the face off when they start the PP. They lose battles immediately and it gets cleared and burns 30 seconds right off the bat.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
We've seen this script before start strong and then fade after a bit of adversity.

Dubas has to own some of this pain, he has watched Andersen botch the net for a few years now.

Being too nice to your roster will end up costing him his job.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
That was one of our best defensive games of the season and Freddy still managed to somehow turn it into a loss.

This isn't even Toskala level, this is a whole different level of suck.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why can’t we LTIR Andersen if he says he’s not 100%. Save on the cap, wait till the playoffs.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So when is it on Dubie and Keefe? Or are they immune?

I guess we will see now. Campbell is healthy. At least Andersen had Campbell's injury buying him time because turning to your 3rd stringer is not exactly a "better" option (even though said third stringer is outplaying him).

Now, if Campbell remains healthy, Andersen may need to worry. Any money that if this was not a B2B, he would have been yanked after goal #3, and he is likely not being given any leash going forward. He may not even make out of the weekend in a Leafs jersey if Dubas can find a trade, but it's really hard to do that right now given the contracts, quarantine, market, etc.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You can blame them whenever you want, but it's time to stop pretending that Andersen is anything but an anchor dragging everyone else down

I mean Keefe keeps playing him and Dubas never bothered to address the goaltending in the fall. And he still keeps saying he is not worried about the goaltending. If Campbell plays well tomorrow, he better start on Thursday as well.

Reactions: LeafsRus

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
This is not the time or place to deal with andersens struggles. he's been the exact opposite of clutch in the playoffs and its starting early now. Loses another goalie battle. get the f*** outta here im sick of it.

Campbell takes the net and lets go on a run.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Campbell's biggest game of his career is tomorrow. He has no better prime opportunity to turn the Leafs around and take the starter role here.

I'm praying he comes up big tomorrow.
Doesn’t matter, our stubborn coach and management will still run with Freddy. Keeping him around for another playoff round should get someone fired

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
This is the worst goaltending I’ve ever seen as a Leafs fan, and that’s saying a lot

Lol, what? I understand heat-of-the-moment hyperbole, but let's be real. It's mediocre goaltending but nowhere near the worst Leaf fans have ever seen.

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad