Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1 to Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Don't hate the tank.

Obtaining one of those incredibly skilled power-forwards at the draft would be spectacular, no sane person can deny it.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Guys, I know on paper we have actually a worse team than Columbus. I've said that all season. But based on actual play, Toronto has played much better, with better intensity and more structure. I'm not totally surprised considering JVR got injured, but seeing the last few minutes, they look lost out there.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Because Toronto is not that much better than Columbus. Don't delude yourself into thinking that we are so much better than them.

:Laugh: right? it's like this shock.

we aint't good and one team has to win, I don't know why people were writing off Columbus.

champs*

Guys, I know on paper we have actually a worse team than Columbus. I've said that all season. But based on actual play, Toronto has played much better, with better intensity and more structure. I'm not totally surprised considering JVR got injured, but seeing the last few minutes, they look lost out there.

do we have a better team then anyone on paper? :laugh::laugh: just kidding

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I could listen to Lou talk about this team all day.

Simple, straight to the point, and knows exactly what he's doing

Same :D. And for some reason I love his accent.

Lou and babs seem very high on phaneuf's leadership and kadri's compete. Very encouraging to hear.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Good 8-10 years as a good #2 C? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh 8-10 years is a LONG time, especially in todays NHL for even a 21-22 yr old.

DMac has a knack of saying things that have literally no basis in reality.

Where in the NHL is there a capable 35 year old second line center? Doesn't exist.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
There is zero indication that this is true.

Uh, you're skipping a lot of forwards.

Kapanen seems to be NHL ready and would slot perfectly in Holland's position as a depth guy. Both Holland and Boyes have been mediocre and introducing Kapanen's skill set, mainly his speed in transition, makes him a better option than Holland. As it stands, both aforementioned players have that dreaded "tweener" moniker on them and I'd rather see a guy like KK develop under Babcock as opposed to seeing the aforementioned.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
do we have a better team then anyone on paper? :laugh::laugh: just kidding

Honestly? I don't think we do. That's why I'm still hopeful of a last place finish (so it guarantees us one of Matthews, Laine, Chyhcrun or Puljujarvi). But I also have got accustomed to playing really hard and seeing competitive hockey.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Im not surprised by the Leafs lackluster play tonight. First game back after a road trip, let alone a week 3 time zones later, is always a stinker. They are just getting their legs back and are adjusting back to the proper game time.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Kapanen seems to be NHL ready and would slot perfectly in Holland's position as a depth guy. Both Holland and Boyes have been mediocre and introducing Kapanen's skill set, mainly his speed in transition, makes him a better option than Holland. As it stands, both aforementioned players have that dreaded "tweener" moniker on them and I'd rather see a guy like KK develop under Babcock as opposed to seeing the aforementioned.

There are better wingers on the marlies than Kasperi. Just because he played well in the WJC doesn't mean he's a superstar

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Try watching him with the Marlies. He's definitely not better than Holland. Maybe Boyes I guess? Not very hard to beat out Boyes.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs have zero passing game tonight. Awful puck movement.

Just nothing going so far.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

He needs to breakout on the Marlies before he comes up to the NHL.

champs*

Nikita Soshnikov is next marlie that will become a leaf regular with leivo, Kappi will come next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad