Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1 to Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
NHL: Here's 2 compliance buyouts to rid yourselves of bad contracts..
Nonis: Let's use both to free up some $ to sign David Clarkson for 7 years.

Where did we go wrong? :sarcasm:

oh man. so painful. it made me quit hockey.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Same.
I saw us upgrading overall on a team that seemed to be a few character players away.
Bolland and Clarkson, at the time, seemed like perfect pieces to our team. Saw Clarkson as a Komarov upgrade (when he left) and Bolland as a Grabovski upgrade - boy was I wrong!

see, it was always weird to me that a team with one bonafide 1st liner thought the weakness of the team was character and toughness instead of top end skill.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Is it too much to ask to keep comments about needing to lose and tanking to the tank thread? Do we have to negative about every bloody thing.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Only thing that would please me tonight would be a Clarkson hat trick.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
That would be pretty impressive from the press box. Clarkson is on IR.

I half figured that.
He's too old.
Kudos to Lou for ditching him on us.

bf5rbo.jpg

LOL.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I hope Leivo does well. Over the years we've been waiting for players on the Marlies to be able to graduate and contribute the way players in other organizations do. The players not picked in the top 10.
Frattin. Nope
Ashton. Nope.
Kozun. Nope.
Carrick? Not so far.
Blacker? Biggs? Never made it.
I don't expect Lupul numbers. I'd like to see hard work and a fit. I'd like to start seeing that from our picks.

How many of those Marlies were given a legit shot though, maybe Frattin? Most of them got the Carlyle minutes that no player can succeed under.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
How many of those Marlies were given a legit shot though, maybe Frattin? Most of them got the Carlyle minutes that no player can succeed under.

I think the minutes argument can also be used for Arcobello. The vets on this team get too much ice time IMO.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I bet that Leivo either sticks, or is traded... Don't think he would clear waivers, unless he is the designated injury replacement for JVR... Hard to tell anymore, "who's in for who"....,
with Lou running the cat & mouse game, with the NHL.. LOL!

I'd like to see Leivo and Grabner together on a line..

Welcome back, Josh..! :yo: A little Rap mixed into this one, for you..

Just Joshin' : All Josh Leivo 2014-15 Goals - TM/TML

Isn't Leivo still waiver exempt?

And he looked really good in AHL this season in games I saw. I hope he gets good opportunity and that he takes it with both hands.

For a tank it would be better to lose, but still, go leafs go, I expect a win tonight.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Both teams are going to be hungry after getting dumped in their last games.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If the Leafs can't win with Columbus 4th string goalie in net then there is a problem Houston.

I think we should score at least 5 tonight.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Thread is dead eh?

Leafs off to a strong start. 6 shots for so far, zero for Columbus.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How does Boyes miss the net wide open in the slot like that.

I mean, come on man... At least hit the crest of the goalie or something. Not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad