Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 1-0

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Participation Ribbons for the whole team.

Got schooled by this AHL call up.

1728525805152.png

Reactions: arso40

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Yeah that sucks but these games happen sometimes the goalie steals on, it happen.

I'll take the way they played tonight 10/10 times because if they play like they did tonight, they are going to win and they are going to win A LOT
That’s assuming they can figure how to put it in the net

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Matthews continues to show his playoff form....13.25 there. Looks like he really doesn't wanna lead this team to a div win this year either. That last second chance choke just continues the trend

Marner wasn't really bad...but this guy doesn't shoot the puck at all. I really really hate that about him. So many times where he still looks for matthews even though he needs to shoot it. He made some nice plays too

Tavares.....he is done, he can't play.... he can have 50 points or 60 points or whatever he just kills too many plays. I wouldn't sign him back no matter. Everything else can be and is an overreaction but this isn't.

Nylander didn't look the same as last year...big shocker he made some nice plays but just didn't look the same. Some of it has to do with tavares, but man he got paid and looks to be dipping

Stolarz was fantastic, OEL was good (WTF was that breakaway), Lorentz was solid, Knies was good, Benoit was great, Tbh defence as a whole was good

we got f***ing shutout by montreal...embarassing
1000007391.gif

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
All our D were very good tonight. Marner WAS terrible. But, it's just one game, so no need to make any decisions based on anything we saw tonight.

Marner is probably leafs player who generate the most scoring chance in that game, what are you talking about?!?!?!

Did we really watched the same game

The Domi-Tavares-Nylander line was terrible... a Nylander rush where he hit the post resume the entire game of that line

Reactions: Smif and ACC1224

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Yeah that sucks but these games happen sometimes the goalie steals on, it happen.

I'll take the way they played tonight 10/10 times because if they play like they did tonight, they are going to win and they are going to win A LOT
THey wont be playing like this most nights bc MTL are a bottom 5 team/bottom feeder

Tommorrow vs NJD they likely get caved in and will need Hidler to be sharp and make big saves

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think Lily can move the puck a lot better and is positionally also a lot better. he should be given a free reign to his thing. Timmins is also bit of a slow skater IMO; Lily also has higher IQ

If they are gonna scratch Lily then they should just trade him IMO. 3M AAV sitting in the pressbox is kinda stupid IMO
Pretty sure they will trade him, and soon.

Funny, I feel Timmins moves the puck better and more importantly is better in the defensive zone along the boards under pressure. I'm tired of our team getting hemmed in our zone because Timmy got dominated down low.

I expect Timmy and Kampf to be traded soonish.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40 and ACC1224

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We looked good. Montreal made a ice play to score on their PP. Our PP needs to be better though.

In other news though it looks like Kampf might be the odd man out when making cap space. Holmberg being used over him on the PK.

Yeah, Habs skilled play won the game.

Holmberg carrying on from preseason.

Like to see Tavares with a couple "heavy" wingers.

? - Holmberg - Nylander

weems

Jul 3, 2008
It says our xGF 5v5 tonight was 4.29

Am I reading this incorrectly or was that number higher than any game last season?

Reactions: Jojalu

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
i think he is saying the leafs lose games being the better team more than any other team

the leafs blew them out of the water in terms of shots, and chances were favoured our way too, but we (yet again) just couldn't score anything
It happens and I suspect it happens more to good teams than bad ones.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

they better keep playing that way AND putting the puck in the net

Stolarz gave us a very strong performance, if not for a stupid timmins penalty likely rocking a shutout

not sure how many more of those you can get and waste and still try to win the division

Reactions: arso40

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Timmins looked ok tonight. Overall the D was good. Habs suck though, so it’s hard to gauge.
Willy looked good at times, but no help on that line with ancient Tavares
Marner had moments. Still too many dumb passes, and shoot the damn puck
4th line was good

Reactions: ULF_55

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Marner is probably leafs player who generate the most scoring chance in that game, what are you talking about?!?!?!

Did we really watched the same game

The Domi-Tavares-Nylander line was terrible... a Nylander rush where he hit the post resume the entire game of that line
All I saw was a soft Marner, out of position, turning the puck over. Also felt if you took him out of the lineup, there would have been no difference. Probably an exaggeration. He was decent on the PK, didn't like his game in the offensive zone, to cute, as always.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
also as a I said before, Timmins always takes either a stupid penalty, makes a braindead pass, or loses his man and it costs us a goal

today it was the first one, I wonder what it'll be the next?

I don’t get the Timmins thing, his IQ is lacking. And now Friedman reporting on 32 thoughts that were looking to move Liljegren which is so stupid to me when he’s always played better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad