TSN: Leafs looking to acquire players with term at the deadline, interested in Chychrun

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Chychrun!?!?!? They don't have the assets outside of the big names! lol

1- leafs dont need an other kind of keith yandle, very good offensive side and struggle on defensive side.

2- when a team who rebuild say to everybody than one of his best young player of 23 with a pretty good contract is available, probably something wrong with that kid. Why they dont talk about keller or schmalz or whatever could be available? No just chychrun so why? Attittude problem? Who knows but if its the case with his attittude outside of the ice, it would not be the first time thats happen # junior world cup

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I think that Nick Foglino has another year left on his deal, and heard that Dubas likes him,

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Islanders are not trading Mayfield. He's a top 4 with term on his contract (1.45M for next year).

Reydin

Jun 21, 2008
Mrazek is not going anywhere this year. He is not a cap dump. We are not going into the playoffs with Woll or Hutchinson as our backup. Please see Oilers on what would happen when you go with an ok backup. I would like Mrazek to do really well or be his normal above average goalie for the rest of the season. Would make for a better return next year if a trade is necessary.

Getting Chychrun would be amazing but not something I can see the Leafs being able to do. If I was the coyotes there is no way I would take a late first and a bunch of magic beans for Chychrun given his age and contract.

The Oilers should give serious consideration to get Chychrun and Vejmelka. Maybe Holloway, Broberg and a couple of 1st round picks, I don't even know if that'll do it.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Mrazek is not going anywhere this year. He is not a cap dump. We are not going into the playoffs with Woll or Hutchinson as our backup. Please see Oilers on what would happen when you go with an ok backup. I would like Mrazek to do really well or be his normal above average goalie for the rest of the season. Would make for a better return next year if a trade is necessary.

Getting Chychrun would be amazing but not something I can see the Leafs being able to do. If I was the coyotes there is no way I would take a late first and a bunch of magic beans for Chychrun given his age and contract.

The Oilers should give serious consideration to get Chychrun and Vejmelka. Maybe Holloway, Broberg and a couple of 1st round picks, I don't even know if that'll do it.

As someone who is not watching the Leafs the bolded tells me that he probably just play an OK game and you guys forgot how bad he is. Just wait for the next game, and he will probably be piece #1 in trade talks, maybe with a pick attached to his hip.

Doubledose

Oct 14, 2021
Absolutely not, you would have to overpay by a lot. He's only making 1.45M this year and next. Top 4 Defensive Dman.

Plus plays huge in playoffs.

This is why id like him. I don't know what you'd like . But whatever it is I'd throw in a please as well.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
This is why id like him. I don't know what you'd like . But whatever it is I'd throw in a please as well.
What the Islanders need, the Leafs aren’t moving. The biggest issue is a top 6 goal scoring winger they can put with Barzal. The Nylander guy fills that hole perfectly.

Reactions: Doubledose

JA17

Jan 24, 2022
What the Islanders need, the Leafs aren’t moving. The biggest issue is a top 6 goal scoring winger they can put with Barzal. The Nylander guy fills that hole perfectly.
For Pulock or Pelech, sure

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Dunno how much that’s going to matter after the regular season and they no longer have a home in the desert.

Tell me more! I'm serious btw.

I can't stand reading news anymore so I just don't.

Are you saying the Coyotes might actually be on the move, and thus, no longer a place that Auston Matthews would want to bolt from the Leafs for?

Reydin

Jun 21, 2008
As someone who is not watching the Leafs the bolded tells me that he probably just play an OK game and you guys forgot how bad he is. Just wait for the next game, and he will probably be piece #1 in trade talks, maybe with a pick attached to his hip.

Well no leaf fan has actually seen a lot of him due to various injuries. Historically he has been an above average goalie 280 Games 2.60 GAA .910 SV% over a 10 year period. He was good with Carolina and Detroit, I've seen him play some pretty good games with them, stole a few wins.

I stand by the bolded part you replied to.

Reactions: banks and Magic Man

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Well no leaf fan has actually seen a lot of him due to various injuries. Historically he has been an above average goalie 280 Games 2.60 GAA .910 SV% over a 10 year period. He was good with Carolina and Detroit, I've seen him play some pretty good games with them, stole a few wins.

I stand by the bolded part you replied to.

By historically you mean he had some decent seasons 7-10 years ago, his SV% over the last 7 seasons is about .906.... That's not the definition of "above average goalie", that is Miko Koskinnen range.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Unless they have a deal lined up for Marazek acquiring players with term make no sense.

Unless say Holl gets moved and in a separate deal they acquire say Mayfield as that saves 550K.

Otherwise acquiring players with term makes no sense

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
A lot of posters from the Toronto side are trying to say certain prospects are off the board and won't be traded, which I don't believe one bit.

I think Dubas and co are very willing to trade 1sts and Arimov, Robertson, etc if it means getting something in the now and they can have going forward. Sure prospects and 1sts are nice to have but ultimately they are mysteries.

As for the whole cap space, they have figured it out up until now, I am sure they will have a plan and something in place going forward.

Reydin

Jun 21, 2008
Not too bad I think. He was a big reason the Wings made the playoffs 2016. The Wings were just not a very good team then. With Carolina he was in a 1A-1B situation on a good team. Not a big fan of his but he is the best backup available to us.

upload_2022-1-25_23-23-43.png

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Go big and try to acquire Texier from Columbus - most likely untouchable but he's gonna be a big time player.

This season, he has 73,5 dZS% with 43,7 CF%. I think that is pretty amazing.

35 games, 11+9=20, +/- 0, plays in every situation and has term.

Edit: Another big acquisition would be Scott Laughton, 3rd line center with term for half a decade. Not the biggest need at the moment though.

Then to the unrealistic part, Iafallo + Roy from LA - would require a bit of money going out and LA would propably want a 'Kings' ransom for these two, I think they're near untouchable for them.

Last edited:

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Connor Murphy...RHD with term and a manageable contract, also a leader in the locker room
Kevin Lankinen...back up goalie that is a UFA next year and cheap contract
for
Mrazek (Cap Dump)
Nick Ritchie (Cap Dump)
Matthew Knies, Rodion Amirov, and Joseph Woll...three quality prospects to help CHI rebuild

Mrazek isn't a dump and we need him

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Knies and Amirov are basically untouchable unless you're bringing something magnificent to the table while Murphy is simply "good"

Why is Amirov untouchable? What has he done to even justify being a mid 1st round pick so far? Not saying he won't turn into a player but so far he hasn't really proven anything. I realize he's in a league that isn't always the fairest to young guys, especially his team that looks to be icing guys over 25.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Yes let’s trade more of our future assets because all those other deadline moves the past couple years have been SO successful. At least they are looking at players with term. No more f***ing rentals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad