Proposal: Leafs - Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Why?
Leafs need to add D-men not make swaps. Jets dont need wingers.

Jets have no need to trade Comrie if we dont get an offer we cant refuse. Kapanen is not that.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Too much could go wrong with this one, no thanks.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Myers for Gardiner as a base seems close value wise, but really doesn't make sense from the leafs perspective.

Why trade away a younger player at this point?

-Winnipeg Fan

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Like other Jets fans have stated, Comrie isn't available.

Myers for Gardiner is close in value and fills both teams needs.

I'd rather wait to see how Myers recovery goes, he could come back as a better version of himself. Myers would then have more value around the league then this current proposal.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
Myers is a mess right now with hip issues and poor play. While Comrie might be a nice prospect -- goalie prospects are not hard to come by.

Myers is a mess? Played just fine last season. Shut down to take care of knee/hip issues when they knew they weren't going to make the playoffs. Would have played through them otherwise. Not sure how that qualifies as a mess? :laugh:

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I give this my "A Leafs Trade Proposal Without JVR? I approve!" stamp.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
I'm not a Myers fan and if Toronto does trade for a defenseman they can't be sending one of their top 2 out in the process unless it's a considerably better player coming back which isn't the case here.
I'm fine with seeing how Zaitsev works out and if Carrick keeps progessing, I really liked what I saw from Connor in his short stint last season. I understand the desire for adding some size, it makes total sense and I think management had that in mind at the entry draft.
I still have plenty of patience left.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
This is the closest thing I've seen to a reasonable trade proposal from a TO fan. But, as others have said, we're not willing to deal Comrie at this point & we have no need for Kapanen. Not sure who adds & what on a Myers - Gardiner swap, but thats a real nice basis for both teams needs.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
terrible for the leafs. gardiner for myers is probably a wash.
where it gets silly is Kapanen + pick for comrie. why do the leafs move one of their top prospects AND a pick for a goalie prospect after just shoring up our goaltending for the next 5 years?

this fills a lot of holes for the jets though conveniently. move and extra RD, get a LD. move a goalie that has no shot to ever be starter, get a good prospect that could potentially play on laines wing in the future.
does nothing for the leafs.

Gardiner for Myers makes the most sense but I still dont do it as a leafs fan and 1 year ago I woulda took that in a heartbeat. Gardiner had a really good year under babcock and the leafs are a much better team when he is on the ice

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
terrible for the leafs. gardiner for myers is probably a wash.
where it gets silly is Kapanen + pick for comrie. why do the leafs move one of their top prospects AND a pick for a goalie prospect after just shoring up our goaltending for the next 5 years?

this fills a lot of holes for the jets though conveniently. move and extra RD, get a LD. move a goalie that has no shot to ever be starter, get a good prospect that could potentially play on laines wing in the future.
does nothing for the leafs.

Gardiner for Myers makes the most sense but I still dont do it as a leafs fan and 1 year ago I woulda took that in a heartbeat. Gardiner had a really good year under babcock and the leafs are a much better team when he is on the ice

No Jets fan thinks kapanen for Comrie is a good trade. We dont need more wingers... Ehlers Laine and Connor is already better then him, and then add all the rest Jets got...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No Jets fan thinks kapanen for Comrie is a good trade. We dont need more wingers... Ehlers Laine and Connor is already better then him, and then add all the rest Jets got...

and we just drafted our highest goalie prospect in a decade, and traded for a #1 that could be our starter for a decade. trading for a goalie prospect makes 0 sense for the leafs. they would not do comrie for kapanen so i guess both fan bases can agree to eliminate that part.

so we are left with gardiner and a pick for myers? leafs still pass

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm a Leaf fan who would like to roll the dice on Myers, the recent surgery concerns me but unfortunately we're not in a position to part with Gardiner....or the other pieces Jets would likely want in a trade for Myers.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
and we just drafted our highest goalie prospect in a decade, and traded for a #1 that could be our starter for a decade. trading for a goalie prospect makes 0 sense for the leafs. they would not do comrie for kapanen so i guess both fan bases can agree to eliminate that part.

so we are left with gardiner and a pick for myers? leafs still pass

You mean, you drafted a goalie with a 3rd round pick, so you're set? Lol
The same goalie that just let in like 4 goals in the 1st period a couple days ago.

The leafs drafted a goalie in the 3rd, no need for any goaltender prospects anymore!! lol dude.

You leafs haven't put any serious stock in drafting goalies since maybe Rask. And look at all your goaltenders since then. NONE that were worth a crap. You can't win without good goalies in the pipeline, and Toronto has had arguably the worst showing of goalies this decade. But tell yourself you're okay becaus you picked one in the 3rd round. Such a laugh..

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I get the right shot-left shot thing, but I think Myers' health record, for one, would make the Leafs hesitant to do something like this. Gardiner has also been pretty good with Babcock coaching and stacks up well against the current Myers.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Gardiner > Myers. So even straight up it doesn't work.

Now factor in contracts and Myers counting for an extra 1.5 million per year towards the cap. Easy pass from Toronto.

Pongo

Nov 30, 2012
Halifax
I'm a Leaf fan who would like to roll the dice on Myers, the recent surgery concerns me but unfortunately we're not in a position to part with Gardiner....or the other pieces Jets would likely want in a trade for Myers.

Surgery concerns aside, if we scrap the op and do a one for one Gardiner for Myers..it would fill our void for a top 4 RHD with size which could also open up the possibility of moving JVR for Fowler type of deal :sarcasm:

Wishful thinking, but if the Leafs make those moves their D is looking pretty solid and your opening up another spot for one of our young forwards.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Like other Jets fans have stated, Comrie isn't available.

Myers for Gardiner is close in value and fills both teams needs.

I'd rather wait to see how Myers recovery goes, he could come back as a better version of himself. Myers would then have more value around the league then this current proposal.

If you're banking on a player coming back better than before after a major surgery, you're sething yourself up for a disappointment

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Peg fans, help me here, please. According to Capfriendly you've already commited 20+M to a dcore without bringing Trouba into the fold. Is this how you want to structure your salary situation? I get that Trouba is a 'keeper' but what do you folks see as being equitable return for someone who might be 'tradeable'?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Peg fans, help me here, please. According to Capfriendly you've already commited 20+M to a dcore without bringing Trouba into the fold. Is this how you want to structure your salary situation? I get that Trouba is a 'keeper' but what do you folks see as being equitable return for someone who might be 'tradeable'?

No interest in picks or forwards unless you blow us away with a really good young player (star).

We need the same as we give up, young top pairing LHD. Don't have it or don't want to give it up? Good b/c we don't want to trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad