GDT: Leafs @ Jets MTS Center - Weds Oct 24, 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Some posters think the Leafs are overrated, but I don't think so, as they've earned the position that their in. With the aquisition of Taveres to give them some veteran leadership and scoring, they are an offensive powerhouse, just like the Jets.

St. Louis shut them out in Toronto by playing a very defensive style game, with tight checking, and keeping the play to the outside. It was very effective against the Leafs, and I hope the Jet's play a very tight checking game against them. It's a good way to beat them. St.Louis was all over Mathews and he couldn't do anything.

Toronto's weakness is their defense, and they get little scoring from their back end. This is where the Jet's have the advantage, as our defense is a very potent scoring machine.

I also think we have the slight edge in goal if Helle can come up with one of his stellar performances, although his save percentage is only at .905 % so far, and he has not played that well in a couple games. I also wouldn't mind seeing Brossoit start.

In the end this will likely be a high scoring game with tons of offense, and it will be entertaining to watch. You have to give the edge to the Jets in this game--as they have Home ice, a better defense, and hopefully better Goaltending. I'm looking forward to see where the Jets stand amongst the top teams, and the Leafs are one of them. I think the Jet's do fine here -with a likely end score of around 5-4- for a Jet's win.

I'd love to see the Jets blow them out, but I'm not counting on it-"just win."

Last edited:

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Go Jets Go

v5iyxu.jpg

You fell over?

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
No problems with the early GDT. Glad you caught your flight Phil. Thanks for putting it together. Looking forward to Laine with Scheifele and Wheeler tomorrow. C-L-E will also be fun to watch.

Looking at Maurices comments though on OP we are facing CSW and ELL all over again when the puck drops.

Unbelievable clown of a coach. Speechless.

Reactions: sipowicz

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
hope ehlers has a really good game and gets a goal or 2 and hoping laine shief and wheeler work some magic this game can be a blow out either way or a close one.. both teams are stacked offensivley with weak defence ours is better as long as chiarot and morrow arent dipping into the edibles again

Reactions: JetsFan815 and GNP

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If the Jets start like they have in these last few games, Matthews will probably have more goals by the end of the 1st than the Jets will have shots.

Reactions: rehf

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Probably be a good idea to play the Tanev line against the Mathews line, as they get really aggravate a great player like Mathews. That Tanev is fast, and all over the ice, and exactly the type of agitator to throw their top guys off their game. Leafs haven't scored that well in their last 2 games -- but they are "undefeated" on the road this year at 4-0.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Thanks for the GDT

This is gonna be great, wish I could watch it all live but will have to head to work after the 1st period. Luckily there is very little news about the NHL here in Seoul so unlikely to hear about the game at the coffee machine.

Go!:jetsGo!

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
This game can get ugly fast for both teams, Chiarot or Myers could single handedly lose this match for the Jets if they keep up their penalty bonanza with how toronto PP is going. "Bold" prediction, Matthews line gets scored on in the first 2 minutes.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
How can I watch this on NBCSN? shaw doesn't have the channel. I've always wanted to hear Doc call a Jets game.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Nice GDT, informative and to the point! I love me some data.

Ridiculous offensive numbers on that Leafs team, I hope Helle is doing his morning yoga :D.

Win or lose, just play well. No ridiculous penalties please, we are going to get punished for those.

Hope Matthews and Laine have good games. Both are great players and they eat a lot of **** already.

Sundin, the Finland killer, can shut it! (I'm joking, he's cool.)

Reactions: PhilJets and LAINEC

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I hope Matthews goes pointless. It's unlikely, but it's my wish. He can go pound sand, for all I care. :nod:

Go Jets!

Yeah, I mean I hope he plays well (while remaining pointless), but I hope Laine plays even better :D

Main thing is that the correct team wins, which is obviously the Jets. But even mainier thing is that we play well even if we happen to lose.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Yeah, I mean I hope he plays well (while remaining pointless), but I hope Laine plays even better :D

Main thing is that the correct team wins, which is obviously the Jets. But even mainier thing is that we play well even if we happen to lose.

One of my favourite HF moments was the night of their first head to head matchup. I was fortunate enough to be at the game (I split season tickets with a group). Laine crushed them of course with his OT hatrick goal. After reading our thread thoroughly I snuck over to the Leafs GDT to read their posts at the time of the goal.

My favourite post was along the lines of “Anyone but this guy, F@$& me!”

Tonight would be a great time for Sniper Laine to make an appearance. Ehlers can steal the show too if he wants, we’d be ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad