Rumor: Leafs interested in Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I wonder what the return would be. Would like a 2nd, but probably a 3rd. He is good with Hughes though, so would also like to keep him.
He is having a pretty decent year so far. Playing well above his contract.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I'd be fine with a 3rd.

As long as his coaches can make sure he keeps everything simple and defers to his partner for getting the puck out, he's serviceable.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I’d rather keep Schenn and dump Hamonic/Poolman but that’s likely not happening. A 3rd is probably fair value especially since he’s signed thru next season at a very reasonable cap hit.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Other than Hughes, the only other Canucks defensemen worth his contract. He plays really well with Hughes, is signed for 1 more year at 850k, and is on a team in need of more RD, not less. Since his value is higher to Vancouver than his trade value, I don't see a point in trading him unless Vancouver acquires an upgrade on RD in another trade. He can't be worth more than a 3rd or 4th rounder so what's the point if you're just opening up a hole on D.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Other than Hughes, the only other Canucks defensemen worth his contract. He plays really well with Hughes, is signed for 1 more year at 850k, and is on a team in need of more RD, not less. Since his value is higher to Vancouver than his trade value, I don't see a point in trading him unless Vancouver acquires an upgrade on RD in another trade. He can't be worth more than a 3rd or 4th rounder so what's the point if you're just opening up a hole on D.

Schenn for Holl?

Jk.... Unless?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Schenn has been outstanding (take a look at his stats if you must). Fills a huge whole on our right side, provides toughness for $900k for this year and next.

Not sure why the Canucks would move him, we need more guys like him, not less.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Figure Colorado must be looking at him too. If he can play a solid defensive game next to Quinn he should in theory be able to do it next to Girard as well.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
weird since Bruce seems to love this guy

hits a lot and he's got him playing close to 20 min/night

doubt it's just to showcase him for a trade

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Schenn has been outstanding (take a look at his stats if you must). Fills a huge whole on our right side, provides toughness for $900k for this year and next.

Not sure why the Canucks would move him, we need more guys like him, not less.
Maybe Keeper comes back takes his spot and you get an asset?

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Makes zero sense to trade Hughes’ extremely affordable partner right now, at least for anything less than a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad