Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Honestly, I’ve just streamed games online since 2013 when I moved away for university. It’s just so convenient.

The gaming industry learned its lesson with Steam, music with Spotify, and film/tv with Netflix. If you want people to stop pirating you have to offer an affordable, convenient product. If I could pay $200 a season and get every game blackout free I would do it in a heartbeat. Until then, I’m just gonna do what’s the easiest for me.
I know a number of people who after buying the most expensive sports package, were sick of game blackouts. Grey market tv over ip solved their problems with only 13 bucks a month.
After receiving over 9000 channels including PPV, they started questioning why they even need expensive cable.
The NHL needs to ban the blackout practice with their tv deals.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I know a number of people who after buying the most expensive sports package, were sick of game blackouts. Grey market tv over ip solved their problems with only 13 bucks a month.
After receiving over 9000 channels including PPV, they started questioning why they even need expensive cable.
That’s what my parents use now lol. I would as well but I live in a tiny ass 1 bedroom condo so I just have an HDMI going from my computer through the wall into the living room TV and then just stream that way. If Gamecenter live or whatever it was had no blackouts, I don’t even care if it was $100 more expensive, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes

Will never happen with secondary regional coverage TV deals. They look at the revenue and do not care who misses out. This year has been the worst for the Maritimes area as a Leaf fan. If any game is regional and the Leafs are playing the Sens or Habs, we cannot get the game because the NHL said we are all Sens AND Habs region, so ZERO Leaf regional games are available here via the NHL TV app. It's insane. This will be my last year purchasing NHL package. I have had other methods, never had to rely on them this much!

As for the game on Wednesday, I'm really hoping the Leafs do not 'play down' to the Habs level like they have in the past. They need to dictate the play!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
How high a percent do people figure Caufield gets his first vs the buds? Seems like a very leafy thing to do ...
About even with him getting leveled if he doesnt keep his head up. Tough getting NHL experience with players who are transitioning to playoff mode.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
How high a percent do people figure Caufield gets his first vs the buds? Seems like a very leafy thing to do ...
Can it be more than 100%?

Poehling scored 3 and a shootout winner against us in his last game of the year debut two season ago and he isn't even good (1 goal in 27 NHL game and 5 in 36 AHL games the next season)

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Can it be more than 100%?

Poehling scored 3 and a shootout winner against us in his last game of the year debut two season ago and he isn't even good (1 goal in 27 NHL game and 5 in 36 AHL games the next season)

That's what I mean. Maybe it's because I'm a Leaf fan but it seems they either are slump busters or guys hit milestones vs them at a higher rate then normal.

Reactions: OddyOh

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I'm still under the impression that without LTIR they can't play Caufield. He was only able to play as an emergency call up, but with days off they wouldn't have that option again, would they?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes da only issue is da time delay .. these IP feeds are like 2-3 minutes behind da real game .. even Sporstnet/TSN runs like 5 seconds behind da real game in case something egregious happens on da ice da feed can be pulled

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

We do seem to get a lot of milestone goals scored against us. Then have to listen to the colour commentator drone on about the players hometown and biography details no one cares about. Hopefully not tomorrow.

Reactions: OddyOh

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
The kid looks great, wouldn't be shocked if he did. His shootout move was absolute filth.
I watched the game yesterday and agree he looks really freaking good, but I wonder how much of that is the “young energy” you see with a lot of high skilled prospects. I think all 3 of Matthews, Marner and Nylander “looked” better during their rookie years than they do now, but all 3 of them are much better players now.

Marner especially. I remember during his rookie year he was making game breaking play s every game, but I think along the way he realized trying to go for those game breaking plays isn’t always the best choice. How many times did Nylander make us lose zone time because he’d try to snipe high corner and then the puck would ring around the boards and out? He picks his shots much better now.

I saw similar things with Caufield yesterday. There was a lot of “flash” but I’m not sure much in terms of value. The good thing is that it’s something he, and every rookie basically, learns with time.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hot Take: Brooks can replace Kerfoot. Kerfoot will be dealt in the off season.

Just from what I have seen from Brooks in the AHL, I doubt he can perform on the same level right now.

I think he can replace Engvall though. I'd still cap him as a AAAA player/primary call up/Marlies 1C right now but I can see him being a 4C with maybe some PK time next year if he has a strong camp.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad