GDT: Leafs @ Habs -- pre-season game 4 -- 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Why is everybody talking about Xhekaj not getting suspended while conveniently ignoring the fact Pare stuck his leg out and destroyed Montreal's newly acquired star player's knee.

That was no accident. It wasn't a deliberate intent to injure. But it was a careless play that resulted in bodily harm to another player.

No different than checking someone from behind into the boards.

A dangeous play that should require supplemental disciplining. The fact Pare isn't good enough to ever serve that suspension is besides the point. The fact remains he stuck his knee out and into Laine's.

Then ran away when it came time to answer the bell.

Xhekaj gave Pare the opportunity to stand up for his actions and he did not. It was a classic case of a hit and run by someone too afraid of the punishment he knew was deserved and coming. If the situations were reversed I have no doubt there would be a contingent of fans calling for Pare's head on a stake saying he did it on purpose.

For proof you can read through the JT injury thread and see for yourself how many people were happy Foligno dummied Perry.
a kneeing penalty and suspension for Pare will not change the fact that Montreal had their A lineup in and went 0-7 on the PP. Their best shooters were on the ice and they could not score on a goalie with ZERO NHL games under his belt. NO GOAL Caulfield is a bust and now the Habs fanbase has moved on and latched onto Laine to score goals. This is why they are so devastated.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Why is everybody talking about Xhekaj not getting suspended while conveniently ignoring the fact Pare stuck his leg out and destroyed Montreal's newly acquired star player's knee.

That was no accident. It wasn't a deliberate intent to injure. But it was a careless play that resulted in bodily harm to another player.

A dangeous play that should require supplemental disciplining. The fact Pare isn't good enough to ever serve that suspension is besides the point. The fact remains he stuck his knee out and into Laine's.

Xhekaj gave Pare the opportunity to stand up for his actions and he did not. It was a classic case of a hit and run by someone too afraid of the punishment he knew was deserved and coming. If the situations were reversed I have no doubt there would be a contingent of fans calling for Pare's head on a stake saying he did it on purpose.

For proof you can read through the JT injury thread and see for yourself how many people were happy Foligno dummied Perry.

Just become a Habs fan.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
It's not a deterrent. I don't think anyone has said it's a deterrent in the last 15 years.

What it will do though is have Arber fight Reeves and Reeves alone during the season opener. Amber won't be fighting other players on the roster as he would do if Reeves wasn't dressed.

Reeves and Arber will have their game long sideshow, allowing the more talented Leafs squad to concentrate on playing hockey.

Isnt that a waste of time? and a roster spot? So Reaves goes out and does he usual bear hug dance and you are saying after that the other team players will not fight or abuse our players?

DIdnt happen when Lilly got slew footed by Marchand....and I dont see it preventing anthing really. Players are not afraid of Reavess....how could they be with all that armour.

Did you see Pare interview after the game? All those punches....and not a scratch on him.
He knew the retaliation was coming....but they are not afraid. He just wish is was face to face instead of being jump from behind.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

No star player was acquired, a cap dump was acquired.

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Add it to the giant mountain of proof the NHL doesn’t actually care about protecting players

Not sure what relevance him keeping his gloves on is supposed to have.
It was malicious.

You know who else kept his gloves on while punching another player in the back of the head (ending his career I might add)…
Todd Bertuzzi

What Xhekaj did wasn’t as bad as the Bertuzzi incident to be sure, but it was incredibly stupid and dangerous and has no place in hockey.

If the owners weren't so afraid of a strike, the rules of discipline would be so much different!

The players union asked that fines be limited, and so they are. The players union also demanded that they can arbitrate any disciplinary measures, and they use that hammer from time to time.

It's not the NHL that doesn't care, it's that the players themselves don't give a rats ass, the players control how their members get disciplined, the NHL(owners) gets to pay for the office and staff that decides on it.

Reactions: ACC1224

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Also, I need to understand the logic.

A borderline hockey play, player gets injured, now a fight must occur.

So two weeks before this, Minten was pushed into the boards from behind by Reinbacher which caused an injury.

By this logic, Reinbacher needs to fight Reaves, or Reaves is allowed to punch him in the back of the head.

Seems kind of dumb to me, but I guess those are the rules.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Thankfully the parody account just keeps giving.

One player was penalized. One player was sanctioned by Player Safety.

It wasn't Pare.

Your take is ridiculous... but expected.

I've got no problem with someone going after a player... but not from behind, in a dangerous manner like that. If we as Leaf fans were actually like that, we would have been begging for Reaves to dummy Reinbacher from behind. That type of move is classless, and clearly there is a difference between a useless goon like Wifi going after someone and Foligno.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

What an L take, my god.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad