GDT: Leafs @ Habs -- pre-season game 4 -- 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Nice write up

The only thing I will say that Reaves can’t target anyone let alone Marchand as Reaves can’t catch him….plays little minutes because he is such a liability on the ice. So I guess payback happens in the hallways after the game? :)

If Reaves played D and had a steady shift then he can choose some payback …..but Reaves is such a bad hockey player that the coach can’t afford to have him on a regular shift.

Yeah, it's different when it's 8-foot Chara playing 30+ min a game.

Reaves undefeated on the mic and X.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Add it to the giant mountain of proof the NHL doesn’t actually care about protecting players

Not sure what relevance him keeping his gloves on is supposed to have.
It was malicious.

You know who else kept his gloves on while punching another player in the back of the head (ending his career I might add)…
Todd Bertuzzi

What Xhekaj did wasn’t as bad as the Bertuzzi incident to be sure, but it was incredibly stupid and dangerous and has no place in hockey.
obviously you've never been punched in the face with a bare fist because if you had you wouldn't be comparing it to a padded fist...........

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
obviously you've never been punched in the face with a bare fist because if you had you wouldn't be comparing it to a padded fist...........
That padded fist to the back of the helmeted head is pretty bad. Moreso than a bare fist, is my guess.

Well you see, Rielly was suspended because it was retaliatory, not a hockey play, and Greig wasn't expecting it. While what Xhekaj did was retaliatory, not a hockey play, and Pare wasn't expecting it. Wait what?
That’s kinda what my thought process was.

If the Leafs get in that situation again, they should record and release any hearing to the media. Or live stream it.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Obviously you've never punched a helmet with a bare fist because you would know that you can hit one a lot harder with some padding.
NHL pugilists don't worry about their hands and if hitting with gloves on was so impactful no one would drop their gloves, I mean you can't make this shit up if you tried..........

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Useless addition to this conversation.

The point isn’t whether it hurts or not.
The point is that you can do severe damage in both cases.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
NHL pugilists don't worry about their hands and if hitting with gloves on was so impactful no one would drop their gloves, I mean you can't make this shit up if you tried..........
You throw your gloves to have better control and grab on. If you’re attacking someone from behind you’ll keep your glove on and hit the back of the helmet.

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

It's pretty common knowledge that bare knuckle fighting is safer than using gloves...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You throw your gloves to have better control and grab on. If you’re attacking someone from behind you’ll keep your glove on and hit the back of the helmet.

You don't punch the back of the head under any circumstances. Even if one subscribes to the idea that fighting is barbaric, has no place in the game, rabbit punches can have severe and irreversible impacts and is a redline in and of itself.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Just another example of bias in the league. If I was a betting man, I could use that to my advantage but not to the extent the DOPS and the refs could.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
sure, but when attacking from behind you know you're going to be punching a helmet so you can hit much harder with the gloves on

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It's pretty common knowledge that bare knuckle fighting is safer than using gloves...

hockey fights aren't boxing, nor is it MMA fighting.........

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Having him out there against us is better then having him suspended tbh. Guy is absolute dog shit. Let Reaves and him punch each other in the face in the 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad